Andy Kaufman still alive??? faked his death???

Discussion in 'People' started by FunkyPhreshMama, May 21, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

New York City, NY (PRWEB) May 19, 2004 -- Twenty years ago, on May 16, 1984, most of the world believed that we had lost a comedic legend forever. This has turned out to be what will inevitably be known as the greatest comic prank ever conceived. Andy Kaufman, by all accounts, is alive and well at age 55 and is now living in New York City on the upper west side. To his loyal supporters and fans, Andy says "sorry about faking my death," in a recent interview with ABC News at his apartment. In order to reach legendary comic status and seal his place in the history of performance art, he said it was "necessary to go away for twenty years."

Andy Kaufman's official site has been launched at:
    http://andykaufmanreturns.blogspot.com/

Even though he has technically returned, Andy says that he plans to maintain his low key lifestyle that he has led for the past twenty years. He has resumed contact with friends and family. Fearing the possibility of this scenario and the potential for another hoax, Kaufman's family has contracted with independent auditors Ernst & Young to determine if this in fact the real Andy Kaufman. He has subjected himself to medical examination and submitted DNA, hair, blood and fingerprint samples to the auditors. Ernst & Young and the Kaufman family report that with a 99% probability, this is indeed the real Andy Kaufman. His mother says, "It's good to have Andy back."

In 1999, a new crop of Kaufman fans were born after Jim Carrey starred in the hit film Man on the Moon. "Andy's bizarre mix of comedy and performance art will inspire fans and comedians alike for generations, especially after this stunt," says Jim Carrey.

Andy says he will make only occasional public appearances, sometimes in disguise so that you won?t know if it?s really him or someone else. Kaufman was famous for pulling this stunt with the Tony Clifton character, sometimes played by good friend Bob Zmuda.

Andy says fans should tune into his website for ongoing updates to his adventures in life. As always, Andy's stage has been the world, testing the boundaries of our beliefs, our sources of information, and our perception of reality. "It's good to be back," Andy writes on his website

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I have always thought Andy was seriously mentally ill.

Dead or alive? I really don't know,,,,,nor care. I never thought he was funny after Taxi.

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

see i told them andy would come back yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I am honestly surprised that some people have'nt predicted this before; It's exactly like something he'd do, and look, he did it.

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Lots of people called him on it... But it makes you wonder about Elvis and JFK doesnt it? Andy was always a son of a bitch.... When he does die he'll stap himself to a sausage link bomb in central park and let the police gun him down
    [edit] Seriouslly doubt thats his site too... Very sketchy

6. Nermidi

Nermidi Member

I think that website is a joke.They only show a picture of tony clifton and no andy.It would have been all over the news if there really was andy.They made a movie about him so why wouldn't it make a top story everywhere?

7. valleytravelin

valleytravelin Member

8. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Yeah, and right now he's chilling with Elvis and Tupac on an island in the Caribbean.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Next thing we know... Agatha Christie comes out of the shadows at the ripe age of 200 :)

Andy being back makes no difference... the comedy isn't here anymore.

10. Gabino

Gabino Member

Well it IS the sort of joke that only Andy Kaufmann would do,
    And the quips DO sound like him, they have the same sort of tone,
    And it would be the funniest joke in the history of the world!

And Bobby Fisher {chess champion} did pretty much the same thing.
    Still????

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I wish Tiny Tim would come back....*sniffle*

12. Gabino

Gabino Member

"Elvis didn't die!
    He just went back home." Men In Black

-->Double for Andy Kauffman!

"Dennis Rodman is an alien?
    Not much of a disguise." Men In Black

-->Double for Andy Kauffman.