an outsider looking in because i smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Sugar Magnolia, May 9, 2004.

1. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

hell pot smokers are even pretty varied in thier personalities....youve got the hippy folk, your stoners, rednecks, metal folk, gangstas, and so on. at my school a good majority of people smoke. the others will never touch the stuff but they dont mind it. either way, at my school almost everyone knows i toke including the teachers. they know it doesnt really affect my work ethic. but what really pisses me off is when people assume youre stoned because you do some weird stuff. its as though they cant accept some people are just plain weird. in fact when im stoned im much quieter and normal when im stoned....when im not high i have the most random thoughts and actions....people sometimes anger me, but i aint lettin it get to me

egad i keep getting the first post on new pages!

2. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Don't worry, you shouldn't have to deal with people like that once you get to college; go to a liberal college and a good amount of people will smoke.

Cotter builds had a good point, there are numerouse stereotypes that smoke marijuana.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

that was my senior quote. it's a good one.

4. BokeDownPalace

BokeDownPalace Member

I guess it's supposed to make you feel inferior or something, but that's really stupid!! Where do you go to school?? At my school, if you deal drugs, consider yourself on the homcoming court for god's sake! I wouldn't have all the friends I have if I didn't do drugs- they are just my friends because I do drugs, but I have real friends who wouldn't care if I used or not so it's all good. Don't listen to what any of those kids say. Chances are, their opinion is not widely shared.

5. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i go to school in a suburb of cleveland. what i find funny is that a lot of them do smoke but won't admit it to the kids that don't smoke. like one day i was talking to my friend that was on the football team and he was sitting with a bunch of kids in the cafeteria and i was talking about going over his house the next day. then i asked him if he wanted to smoke bc that's what we usually do. i didn't even say it loud, but he looked really uncomfortable and this kid next to him that i know doesn't smoke was like, "yeah man, i'll throw down on that shit," and he started laughing. i think if the kids who do smoke just admit it to their friends that don't accept it than maybe there will be so many of them that they have no choice but to accept it. i mean, i've seen some of the kids that are so "against drugs" tripping their balls off. i just wanna ask them, who are you kidding? the reason why it's not accepted as much in my school is bc the kids that do it don't want to admit it and talk about it like it's bad. those are the kids that are scared to be judged and don't wanna get "kicked out of the group". they're scared to stand up to their friends and admit that they like it. they're scared that one day they may be that outsider looking in...who knows

6. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I used to be friends with two people who now are quite rude to me for being the way I am.

They both got on my case really bad one day in History for wearing hemp and tie-dye, and being a big fan of Bob Marley.

It's almost like they hated me for it; they said the shit with such nasty contempt.

I don't even talk to them anymore, I ignore them, and they ignore me; I tried being friendly and they just kind of mumble and wave me off.

You don't need those kind of people in your life, just ignore them; they're not worth your time.

7. HappyVal

HappyVal Member

I couldn't have put it better myself.

8. ncsu123

ncsu123 Member

I just keep it under and only talk to my good friends that smoke with me about it, its work'd so far