An observation. (1984 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SagaciosuKJB, Jun 3, 2004.

1. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Well, a friend of mine recently sent me to these forums called Bolt. One of the forums they had under the Drugs category was called 'Is Taking Drugs Wrong'. I decided to look around, and I made an observation:

Of all the people who said they were wrong, the majority were under 15, and offered very little justification for their arguments. When someone presented an argument that begged the differ, none of them bothered to refute it.

Now seeing this and reading the book 1984 at the same time, it made me think. If anyone hasn't read the book before, don't continue.

Do you remember how the little kids in the Juinor Spies were always enthusiastic about turning their parents in, spying on them, almost as if they were completely loyal to the government, and only the government? It was obvious that they were completely brainwashed. Do you think things like DARE could be doing that to the youth of today, and some way down the future the kids will turn into absolutely loyal narcs who would rat anyone out? Like, if they had a brother and found his stash, would call the police?

It's sort of scary to see. What do you guys thinK?

2. Niko_1080

Niko_1080 Member

hell no, cus now im 14 and in grade 6 i got a meatal for havin the best dare essay on why you shouldnt do drugs and how they riun ur life and im still ok loyal stoner for a whole year

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

FUCK YEAH! I SEE MORE SMILEYS!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kids who take DARE are more likely to use drugs because DARE introduces them to drugs at a younger age. When I took DARE, the told me aboue so many drugs that I had never heard of. They might be trying to brainwash us, but they are doing a horrible job at it.

4. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

i would say certainly a portion of our kids.. but yeah it backfires sometimes. they brainwashed me for sure,,, but yeah I tried it anyway.
    and so I unwashed?

5. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

The whole DARE program is just making kids do it more.
    It's like putting someone in a room with a button on the wall that says
    "Do Not touch this button"
    Of course their curiosity is gonna get the better of them, and they will push it. Because you tell someone they can't or shouldn't do something, will drive to do it, just to figure out what its all about.

6. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

Which is why DARE is losing all its funding.

7. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

lol dare should go to hell they r full of bs and should die i say one day all the pot heads of america protest outside the DARE hq and every1 is smokin a joint ahahahhaaha that would be awesome

8. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

Now we have to play the 'quiet game', because you obviously suck at the 'punctuation, grammar, and making a point that is on topic' game.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

when i was in elementary school, they had a DARE guy come in, who was a recoverig drug addict. everytime he came to the school and opened his briefcase of "drugs", i was like, look at all those drugs. Instead of keeping me away from doing drugs, it just showed me what was out there.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

Dare is basically the 21st Century's version of 'Reefer Madness'

1984... that's so silly.

11. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I took DARE...