An India theme?

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by Sunburst, Oct 25, 2006.

1. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

my room is sort of india/asian themed. i painted one wall a really rich chocolate brown, have red, orange, gold candles and gold incense burners. for about 5 bucks a pop in chinatown i bought beautiful pillow overs in browns and oranges and golds, and i painted a big picture of a hindu god on my ceiling. now i'm just hoping to find some nice sari material to drape around my bed. i find that just having a few decorations makes a bigger impacts than having many. just keep it rich and luxurious and simple.

2. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i used a lot of warm, rich colors, offse t by flowing ivory to offset in simliar feeling room. i got lucky and found a quilted bedspread and pillow shams with golds, burgendy, and other jeweled topes offset with an ivory canopy and ivory curtains for my room. i wove white christmas lights through the ivory canopy drapping down to give a warm, dreamy feel and accented with animal print and jeweled colored pillows. its still a work in progress, but it's coming together. love to hear some of the other ideas you've come up with.