An essay.... in math class

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by SamIam, May 24, 2004.

1. SamIam

SamIam Member

I'm in AP Calculus AB and since we've already taken the AP test, we've been watching the movie A Beautifuly Mind in class the past couple days. But the catch is that we have to write a two page essay answering the question "is John Nash a genius or just crazy?" Personally I think the question is rediculous because being crazy and being a genius are two entirely seperate things; someone can definately be both. anyway, two pages is really nothing compared to other stuff I've done this year for other classes, but the assignment is just really annoying cause my teacher couldnt just let us watch a movie for the sake of watching a movie... we have to bullshit an essay about it. blahhhh... stupid mindless bullshit work... at least theres only like two weeks of high school left, ever! :) :)

just wanted to rant a little... hope you dont mind :)
    peace,
    Sam

2. joe

joe Banned

Thats funny im watchin that movie on NBC right at this very moment, and i can give ya few pointers

1)Quit your bitchin
    2)Do your damn work procrastinator

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

that sounds like a fun essay to write, cant say ive seen the movie though.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I thought being a genius and being crazy are kind of the same thing... or it's a very thin line... :) Have you ever heard of a normal genius? They're all nuts. It's great. :)

5. SamIam

SamIam Member

hey shut up! I'm accepted to college for next year... I can procrastinate all the fuck I want. these grades dont mean anything.

6. SamIam

SamIam Member

hehe, a normal genius... good point! geniuses are never normal, they're all crazy, or evil, or something like that. at least all the ones in movies...

7. joe

joe Banned

thats great, No thats AMAZING!
    Congradafuckalations on your amazing college acceptance im really happy for you, and even though i dont know you I love you

<Peace, love and chicken wings>

8. SamIam

SamIam Member

why are you being so sarcastic to me? I've never done anything to you. Theres plenty of threads in the young hippies forum that are a lot more stupid and pointless than mine. why did you pick me to be jerk to? I'm sorry my thread isnt more interesting, I'm sorry it wasnt about anything all that important. if you are just going to make stupid sarcastic comments why dont you keep them to yourself next time. thanks

this forum exists for fun. it is a place where people can come together and be happy and have fun together. I got a stupid assignment in school so I wanted to share. I hate people like you that have nothing better to do than make an innocent poster feel bad. I was in a good mood so I figured I'd share my little story, and five seconds later I get a response saying to stop whining. I'm sorry I ever posted in the first place cause now I feel bad. fuck you.

9. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

I know what thats like
    If your'e already set for college just don't do the assignment, who gives a shit.
    That movie was a good movie, I like math so that might have made it a little more interesting.
    I live in Rockland county by the way, not too far from Ossining...

10. joe

joe Banned

*Dusts his hands off*

well...my job here is done

11. joe

joe Banned

it makes me wonder how someone can get so pissed at someone they dont even see

Your question is simple, the normal human mind can only process so much, he went insane due to stress and information being witheld from him, if you spend hours doing nothing but math and equations for days on end the mind will tend to go off on ya, brains aint the most perfect of processors it breaks down like a computer it has errors and bugs that sometimes cant be fixed or can be fixed by self repair

12. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

If that were my assignment I'd say he was a genius... wait, I'd not follow the instructions and write an essay off topic about how the two can't be compared and show how Nash fits into both categories.

It is one of my favorite movies. Though you can really only watch it once...

13. AaronB1322

AaronB1322 Member

this shit is funny

14. crazy and genius are the exact same thing

start researching what happens to grunt work cryptographers, the ones who broke entire systems just by brute force (say indigo) genius and insanity are precisly the same thing in some ways......