Amphetamine psychosis

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Primus, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Primus

Primus Member

My friend has been tweekin' for almost a week. Probably not meth, since its in pill form.. so probably just amps. Anyway.. how long does amphetamine psychosis usually take to set in? She feels normal, other than what you'd feel after tweeking for a week.

2. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I knew a kid who would start talking to himself after 4 days, that isn't too bad. It gets deep around day 6 when he talks to himself and answers back. Day 7 is nasty as the personality fractured into 3 distinct aspects of himself, day eight was the worst cause they started fighting.
    In retrospect he admits he shoulda called off works.

Most of the psychosis is sleep depervation, and it's a highly personal thing, but you do not want to push it. this kid is still pretty burnt out from that and that was like 3 months ago.

3. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

4. Primus

Primus Member

Smoking - smoking out of a pipe

Tweeking - being high on speed

It doesn't matter what form its in, you're still tweeking. I talked to her, and I believe these pills are methamphetamine. Anyway, she's pretty sane for being awake for a week.

5. LivingLegends

6. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

learn something new every day...

7. Skratch

Skratch Member

amphetamine psychosis what a evil bastard.
    im a little stoned so bear with me here.

after a month of hardcore tweakin i thought a demon was in my room so i ran in there with a bible in one hand and my broken tweak pipe in the other actin like i was going to shank the sucka, but right when I got in there it ran out of my room, so i chased it downstaris and ran right into my dad, I guess I must of looked like a crazy because he tackeled me to the ground and held my hands down. I calmed down after that but he made me go to rehab and all that good shit.

8. LivingLegends

9. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Usually when I've experienced amphetamine-induced psychosis, the people I saw weren't "real" looking; they appeared like ghosts, blurry and out of focus. I generally noticed them out of the corner of my eye, and when looking back they'd be gone.

10. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

amphetamine psychosis occurs often due to simple sleep deprivation. in my opinion, which is prolly wrong, you can "speed up" sleep deprivation by taking a bunch of dramamine and staying up (yes i know it's real a belladonna alkaloid or whatever). i was talking to people who werent there, looking for a group of about 3 friends under my bed, making phone calls to strange places not remembering anything of it, and other very odd things.
    if its simply amphetamine, she'd have to be taking MASS! it could still be meth, seeing as meth DOES come in pill form (desoxyn) but its really really hard to get ahold of.

11. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

skratch: you ran downstairs with a tweek pipe?!?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (catches breath) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha o shit that is funny man, thanks. i havent laughed like that in a long time. it sucks that you had to go to rehab but if you were that into drugs at such a young age its prolly the best thing for you. just curious, are you already back on drugs? if you are i hope your not going back down the same path man, life's a gift, dont play with it.

12. Primus

Primus Member

Black market pills.... like ecstasy, but speed.

13. The Flow

The Flow Member

I guess, the substance might have been methamphetamine-base, also called "yaba" or just "base". The trips normally last for 5-8 days (but even durations of up to 14 days have been reported) and look very much like a psychosis. Better see a doctor. If you donĀ“t want to do that, lots of sugar may help (because they speed up the elimination process).

14. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

Amphetamine psychosis is one of the most delerious states I've ever experienced. There's nothing fun or cool about it. Well for trippers, like me, they might like it at first, but when it gets severe....OOOOH SHIT!. Spiders crawling under your arms through your viens. You can feel them and here them squirming. Hurm. Im gonna stop now.