Amon Amarth

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by kar33m, Jun 3, 2007.

1. kar33m

kar33m Member

I just listened to some of their songs I downloaded a while ago and I think that they really do rock very damn hard. Across the rainbow bridge has easily become one of my favourite metal songs of all time.
    what do you guys think about them? who else likes Amon Amarth?

2. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

They're alright. My favourite songs are mostly the first four (well, minus one) songs on Versus the world. They're not a band I listen to extensively, at any rate.

3. WalkTheSky

WalkTheSky Member

Love them. One of my favorite death metal bands.
    Under The Northern Star from their latest album has absolutely beautiful melodies.

4. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Can't wait to see them on SOTU.

5. twags82

twags82 Member

"Releasing Surtur's Fire", "Bastards of a Dying Breed", and "Victorious March" (Swedish lyrics) own all.

6. dimebag

dimebag Member

seen them at the arena they fucking go off. i want a drinking horn lol. anything off versus the world and fate of norns. i consider them to b much like sepultura, easy riffs but hell effective

7. gainer

gainer Member

I only know a few of their songs, but I really like Pursuit of Vikings.

8. Panzer

Panzer Member

I have their first three albums. The first one fucking owns! I could listen to a million times. Unfortunately I found that each album after the first successively lacked in quality somewhat as compared to the one before it. Kind of like the Matrix movies. Anyway, that's why I stoped buying their stuff. Should I check out any of the newer stuff? Did they get better again?

9. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

Their new album is REALLY fucking good. Its more melodic than most of the others and there are some really good slower songs, like Under the Northern Star.

10. fuckedwithaknife

fuckedwithaknife Member

i love there sound, only problem is that all their albums sound the same. maybe thats just me though. their still a good band

11. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

Awesome band

I've seen them twice. First time they were opening for Bodom, and most recently on the twilight of the thundergod tour. Second time I was mostly there for Belphegor though