Amityville Horror

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by SunshineLovePeace, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Paula'sRotts

Paula'sRotts Member

New 1 it was brilliant!!

2. eminemchick

eminemchick Member

i realy liked the new much better than the old one

i was watching the old one and half of it was never in the new one

3. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

most of the time i tend to like the old ones better, but in this case i bought the old one
    and i didnt like it at all. I actually have the entire Amityville collection... its like 3 or 4
    DVD's and they all suck.

The new one is way better.

4. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

The additional footage in the new DVD is kind of cool. Interesting how the murders originally took place. Wonder if it was really evil spirits or if that fucker was just crazy.

5. HippyLove9399

HippyLove9399 Member

IMO, the new one sucked. The old one was better.

Dude111 likes this.
  6. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

iv only seen the new one, and it wasnt bad... i found it wasnt verry scary though, and didnt really stay on my mind afterwards. it reminded me a lot of other horror films, for it had the typical cliche horror moments in it... it had the whole anti christian thing with the doorknob and everything... its just getting kind of old because its similar to a lot of other horror films

7. cswalters

cswalters Member

I have ever movie and documentary and book published about the Amityville Horror, there is a total of 9 movies so far, and with the new one they really didn’t stay true to the book at all, now if I have never seen the old one before I would say it was good, but I know too much, so it kinda of sucks. Anyways if anyone really like this movie and wants to see the 7 movies about it here they are from number 1-9: The Amityville Horror, Amityville Horror II (The Possession), Amityville 3-D, Amityville 4 (The Evil Escapees), The Amityville Curse, Amityville 1992 (It’s about time), Amityville ( A new Generation), Amityville Dollhouse, The Amityville Horror (remake)

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

the remake was really good, but I have to admit I tend to like the original versions of movies better.

9. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

I've never seen the new one, but I read the book when I was young, right after it came out, and I saw the first movie.

And I remember thinking, the makers of that film really missed a good bet: the scariest thing in the book, if I recall it correctly, happened toward the end as the Lutz's were leaving for the last time. There was an apparition at the top of the stairs, pointing as though telling them to go. Its face was blasted half off.

Anybody else remember that from the book? Did I remember it correctly? (It's been over 25 years since I read it.) And did they do that scene in the remake? They didn't in the first one.

10. Dariah

Dariah Member

I liked the original of course. But I think the new one was a lot scarier, and I usually hate remakes. The only think I disliked about the remake was how hyped up it was. I mean, it was good but not THAT good.

11. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

The old one was great.

Dude111 likes this.
  12. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I hated the first one and I'm not planning on seeing the remake

13. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

I watched both movies, and its difficult to decide as the originals are usually better. But in this case, I preferred the remake. I liked how the DVD contained Commentaries and deleted scenes that were like scenes in the original.

Was it the remake that had the little girl in it that the evil spirit pulled into the woodwork at the end of the movie or was that some other movie?

14. TransAmRocker

TransAmRocker Member

15. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I think that the original is better. It actually creeped me out a bit. The remake was alright... but not better.

Dude111 likes this.
  16. naomi08

naomi08 Member

The old one was better than the remake and I believe it was based on a true story

Dude111 likes this.
  17. edenfield

edenfield Member

omg i remember watching this film, the one with the possessed lamp...and my lamp in my flat kept going on and off...while i watched it...i was freaked right out i'll tell ya's...i not watch horror filums ever ever again. and i chucked out my lamp. i swear i tell ya the truth.

18. offset

offset Senior Member

i VOTED THE old one and I'm also reading the book too......a true story?....YOU be the judge :)

[​IMG]

Dude111 likes this.
  19. gnome89

gnome89 Member

old one hands down. I hardly like remakes though.

Dude111 likes this.
  20. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

Sunshinelovepeace- I love your tattoo=) Sorry off topic.