Aminiat Muscaria anyone?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Gregonzo, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

Hey has anyone tried the Aminita Muscaria "fly agaric" mushrooms.

you know...the ones from ALice in Wonderland, the Holy Bible, (possibly smurfs? I don't recall)....and various other children's literature....the famous red capped w/ white spotted fungus \grows under pines...and taste foul......but if you eat 4 caps............(and manage to keep the down) WWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

-I don't know many people who have had an experience have you?

2. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

no... it all sorts of nasty poisonous if you prepared it wrong... you dont feel anything for like, 3 days, then WHAM!! agonizing liver death, which leads to your death, because you cant live without your liver...

and its not psilocin/psilocybin... so your prolly fuckin your liver anyway (even if it doesnt give you cirosis imediatly...

3. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

ive heard mixed reports on the effects. ive heard it was a belladonna type thing, and ive heard it just a deeper, more mind bending shrrom trip. i know its hardcore, and i know you can get em off the internet, but i never thought to try em cause of such varying reports. could you give a short summary of the trip?

4. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Amanita Muscaria contains muscimol and Ibotenic acid, there are varying report to peoples effects as with everything. Maybe checking www.erowid.org will shed some more light for you, especially on consumption and preperation. Dont listen to Jack_straw to much...he seems to be talking out his ass. If bought from a reputable vendor they will be good and ready for consumption. The things to watch out for are picking you own, amanita is in the same family to the death cap and 'could' be mistaken, so dont go picking unless you know what you are on about!!

R

5. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

actually all,

I've eaten two large caps myself and found a mild effect. Jack Straw is right though there are dangerous strains and can be better identified and ordered at
    http://www.jlfcatalog.com/ .....the problem I had w/ them is I could only eat 2 caps instead of the recomended 4 caps (they are way more nauseiating then psylocybin).....I experienced...tracers...no extreme hallucination but a slight euphoria and an anxious warmth....LSD and psylocybin are even easier to describe I think...It did allow me to dig deep into my harmonius database and produce a nice melody on my guitar though which I entitled "Aminita's Kiss"

solidarity to all.....ohh and if your not a Mycologist...take Straw's and krohnus' advice and let the veterans do the picking!!!!!!

6. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

I heard that it's supposed to be an inward trip. Seeing clear, realistic visions in your mind as opposed to colours or swirling of the outer world. Never tried myself though.

7. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

Every time i do fly agarics i usually just feel a small high. Barely anything. The last time I did them i did 27 grams (about 13 caps) which were covered in chocolate. I find them to taste decent plain and very good when chocolate covered. I have never had nausea from them but i've heard of people complaining about it. I've tried them a few times.... each time being dissappointed.

8. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

well, as other here have alluded, it is not how the shrooms are prepared that makes them poisonous... it is starting out with a poisonous mushroom _species_

~

the genus Amanita has some sorta "neutral" species, a couple "trippy" (muscimol/ibotenic acid) species, and a couple very deadly speceis...
    "species", not "strain" !
    (genus; pl. genera - as in the word "general"; species - as in the word "specific")
    genus + species is enough to identify most critters, plants, fungi, & protists, eh?
    (& monerans/bacteria/prokaryotes as well, but that's another kingdom ur sumfin")

9. Jack_Straw2208

we arent all mycologysts here... cut me some slack. but yeah, i was almost kindof right... almost...

but yeah, you can still get agonizing liver death from *some* amanitas...

10. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

i am not a mycologist...
    my sole academic degree is a B.Sc. in biology...

but i do like to read a lot...
    and i can be a nit-picker (does it show?)

anyways, i will fax you a 3-month supply of slack asap, mmmmkay?

ttfn//gnrmshkai

11. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

read about it on erowid. they have some great stuff about amanitas, and read the experiences people had.

12. Jack_Straw2208

much appriciated, gnrm

13. JohnThursday

JohnThursday Member

But haven't eaten yet. I'm drying them though of course.

Can anyone who's done both these and acid and/or psilocybin give me a comparison of the two trips?
    From what I read there's a big difference, but can anyone give me a few details?

Thanks

14. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

fly agags are cool - bit like opiates - bit trippy and stuff - loads have done them - lots of reports here & else where but u got to pick em out - some people get a mellow alcohol fx others more a full on trip

15. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

has anyone tried smoking the extract that's legally availble?

16. robostiltzkin

robostiltzkin Member

I got some 10x extract a while back. Smoked about a third of a gram. It was NOT hallucinogenic. I could have felt the same smoking a third gram of heady nuggs, probably better. It was NOT "a marijuana-like high" as I've heard some say. It is closer to opium, blue lotus, or kratom but not quite like them either. It actually made me all mopey-dopey and it tastes foul. My friend ate his third and he got better results, it sounds like. I have yet to try the last third, saving it for a "dry spell". Not really worth it for the price, in my opinion. By the way, if you get whole shrooms, it's mainly the skins that have the muscimol and ibotenic acid. I think they also should be heated to lessen toxicity. Jack Straw may not have been right 100% but these mushies DO have toxins besides the psychoactive ingredients.