American Idol

Discussion in 'TV' started by lodidodi, May 10, 2004.

1. lodidodi

lodidodi Member

Any American Idol Fans Out There??? The show is now down to the final 4.....all women. My prediction is that La Toya will win, but Fantasia's album will be the most successful. I would like to see Diana up there in the final two (now that George is gone) just to shake things up. :eek: Thoughts????

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

my bet is that a woman will win

3. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

haha good observation.
    I want either Diana or Latoyah (sorry can't spell)
    I don't like fantasia she sounds nasialy to me. I dis like that.

4. lodidodi

lodidodi Member

Ya, it should be interesting to see who gets placed in the bottom two tonight with Jasmine :rolleyes:

5. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Once again, Americans are retards, and LaToya was voted off. I was really shocked when my mom who is a huge fan told me about it, I had heard her sing and I thought she was going to win for sure. The shock only lasted momentarily when I remembered that this IS the country that thinks the war in Iraq is alright.

6. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

my votes for fantasia, shes cool as shit

when she sang summertime that did it for me

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i saw the first 2 seasons. every show. but been working nights. so missed this one. i dont feel like i am missing much though.

8. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

if Jasmine Trias wins...I'm never watching this show again.

what the heck is wrong with american audiences???? are they tone-deaf?

maybe we have been subjected to crappy teen singers for so long that we cant hear real talent anymore.

arrggggggg.

9. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

i think i heard La Toya was kicked off.

10. Incubus

Incubus Banned

NO SHIT MORON... I hope that fantasia doesnt win, just my opinion dont hate me cuz im right.

11. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

I agree with you Incubus. Not with the * part, but with the getting her voted off. I think she sounds like she sings out her nose, and that bothers me alot. Well now that one of my favs is gone, I've only got Diana to root for.
    Go Diana Go!!

12. SoundStepper

SoundStepper Member

sorry, she didn't win, but i don't like the show all that much, i think it sorta dulls the edge of how hard it can be to become a musicisan, not saying that getting onto the show is easy, but it certnely now as hardcore of a way to become big. I honesty don't like the show all that much, but some of the people on it have great vocies.

13. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

I think the reason LaToya got less votes was because most adults who appreciate her talent aren't going to sit by the phone all night repeatedly voting for her or anyone.
    Jasmine being young appeals to most pre-adolescent voters, boys and girls alike, therefore they are the ones repeatedly voting.

14. Megara

Megara Banned

Latoya shouts when she sings :p but she is by far better than jasmine...but Diana is leagues beyond the others. She hasnt ever realy had a bad week and can sing every type of music..the others...well they cant

15. Main St Wizard

Main St Wizard Member

Watch your fucking mouth, cracker.

16. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

never seen an episode in my life, i don't plan to start anytime soon

17. Main St Wizard

Main St Wizard Member

I tried to watch it a couple of times.. but ultimately found myself bored and disgusting. All the singers are dreck & the whole thing just promotes the teen-pop carbon-copy don't-write-your-own-songs ethos.. I'm like, DAMN this insult to music is the most popular thing on TV?? America- what a surreal place.

18. lodidodi

lodidodi Member

I agree that La Toya didn't receive as many votes because she can't appeal to teenagers the same way that Jasmine and Diana do. And honestly, I don't think she really wanted to appeal to that audience. She got the exposure she needed and will do fine, I think. And at the end of the day, someone must always go home. I just didn't think it should have been her, but oh well. I will be seeing her again.

19. MySwt1

MySwt1 Member

sorry to disagree, but we love fantasia...mainly for the fact that she des sound different and not cookie cutter...her summertime rendention was pretty close to janis' except janis' is a little more raspy...i agree with the adult vs. teens things...i do believe its a lot more teens that vote, except for each contestants hometown...fantasia was just here for a couple of days and it was all over the news...she went to this place that holds like 1500 people and alot more than that were turned away because it was filled to capacity...so go fantasia!!!

~ยง~

20. lodidodi

lodidodi Member

Ya, I would love to see Fantasia make it to the top two at least. She is fun to watch. :)