America: The Police State

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by lunarverse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I disagree!!!

FOOD in this country is under attack,GOOD FOOD IS BEING REPLACED WITH GARBAGE ("HEALTHY" RECIPES THAT TASTES LIKE CRAP WITH NO ALTERNATIVES) Questionable ingredients are being used when they were not before........

Stuff i used to like IS NOW CRAP and im going out of my mind as i discover more and more food i used to like NOW LADEN WITH BAD CRAP!!!!!!

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Oh god, Americans are being encouraged to eat apples instead of hot dogs to fight their debilitating obesity!!!!!!

3. Lafincoyote

Lafincoyote Member

As far as being in a Police State, just ask any American Indian. We have lived in a virtual Police State on the reservations here for decades. It is where they worked out all the kinks of totally subjugating an entire poplulation. Welcome to the REZ, brother.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And the nice irony is that now you folks on the rez are taking millions of dollars from the oppressors. Well, the decendants of them.And that's good.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

It'll take more than a couple apples to effectively combat debilitating obesity. Eating shit and exercising regularly is better than eating healthy and sitting on your ass. Yes, diet is very important but the human body was meant to be moving.

Economic warfare is the most effective. The descendants of the invaders can fund the largest real estate buy-back program in history and once it's completed the native culture can evict its European-descended tenants...

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

The political and social difficulties in Egypt compared to microwave food et al...that must be a first.

7. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

did you guys see that Jamie Oliver prog which was filmed over in the US? he was flabberghasted at the head teachers ruling that the chips had to stay in the school lunches and the healthy noodle and veg had to go... her argument was that potatoes are a vegetable.... i couldn't believe her ignorance... i think they train them up especially to be totally dumb regarding important matters of nutrition...

8. TheMadcapSyd

A lot of people probably know this commercial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQMJJAaY-3g"]YouTube - "Give Me a Break" Americans Against Food Taxes TV Ad

Do you find it ironic that they one food object they eventually zoom in on is a bottle of soda. That woman ruined her own point, she couldn't be trusted what to eat on her own.

9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Uh, that is what the tax is mostly aimed at, sodas. And I believe they are doing it to encourage people to eat a more healthy diet. But yes, it is symptomatic of the Nanny/Police State.

10. skip

What happened to the American Native population is exactly what the US is doing to the world now, practicing Economic Imperialism. People are just in the way of profits. The idea is to exploit the resources to maximize profits, nothing else matters. Anything gets in the way, push it aside, control it, or kill it.

Exactly the Native American experience, right?

Amazing that nothing has changed in what, 400 years of White Bread rule. Obama is just white bread with a few nuts added.

11. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

HA! I laugh at that every time I see that commercial. She keeps mentioning soda and that taxes will be raised on soda. Great marketing to get the soda guzzling population angry and motivated.

You want to get most of the population motivated, raise the prices of sugar...

12. TheMadcapSyd

I don't think a 5 cent tax on soda is indicative of a nanny state. It's not a nanny state issue, obesity costs the health care system more than smoking does. Something that is inherently unhealthy and cancer causing is now less of a problem than the fact people can't fucking eat food right anymore. This costs us all both indirectly through all the problems having a massively obese population causes from health to practical economic concerns like having a nation of unfit workers, to direct costs since both government and private health plants are spending the most money on treating obesity related health problems.

So yes, everyone should take an equal role in paying for it, especially since the majority of the population is overweight so in reality they're paying for their own health care with the tax.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

you dont get taxed when you buy food with FOOD STAMPS... And there has always been a tax on soda pop..

14. TheMadcapSyd

Actually in a way you do, the sales tax still applies, so its basically the state just taking back its money.

The best way not to get taxed on food is use those self scanners at stop n shop and just don't scan some things. Those things have gotta be ruining their margins on stolen food.

15. skip

16. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

in a nation where laws are created merely to give one social class dominance over another, the police and military spend alot of time enforcing laws that supress the rights of the people. this makesgood people become criminals. blame our so-called lawmakers. as the old saying goes, the more laws the more criminals. whatever happened to peaceful resolution? or the practice of constitutional rights? what need is there for uniformed thugs if there is indeed a proper and fair balance of rights among all the people? paisley skye.

17. Mithras

Mithras Guest

with freedom there are no shades of gray.

18. TheMadcapSyd

So you have a right to yell bomb in the middle of a public place for shits and giggles?

19. raven_star

raven_star Member

all this arguing about police state or not, and not one mention of executive orders , some are very scary and basically throw out the constitution and all your rights. and don't for get fusion centers,they openly admit to COINTELPRO like activities. we all are now probably on there list just for reading this thread

20. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I'll call it like I see it. If the government doesn't like it then they can suck my dick.