America: The Police State

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by lunarverse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

the time is NOW

2. slappyman

slappyman Member

I was reading this morning that Egyptian military officials were meeting with US military officials but we weren't giving them advice, I thought bullshit until I read they were having informal meeting in the hallways after the fact.

3. Uncle John1963

Uncle John1963 Guest

Though not yet a police state, it is well on it's way since 9/11. The rules are ever changing to facilitate these happenings. If we pay no attention to the changes that are taking place around us, then little by little the laws will change against us. Making the inevitable ending into a police state. The powers that are really in control want this.

4. Mindcore

Mindcore Guest

I think as long as our number one offense in prison is a victimless crime we, the United States, deserves the label of Police State. But we are better than many other countries in this regard.

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

What we have seen so far IS JUST THE START!!!!! (It will get much worse)

People need to WAKE UP before its too late!

6. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

I don't know that I could predict an exact or even an approximate date that there will be riots and protests and sit-ins and picketing and all the rest, but I do sense that it is not far off (anymore the line between what constitutes a Republican and what constitutes a Democrat has blurred to the point that dear old Obama is indistinguishable as one or the other, obviously with his own agenda--much like that of George Bush Jr.--and to say that those snakes in the grass George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton albeit bad representatives of the nation's peoples as a whole were a far cry better than either of our two recent presidents; so where that is concerned, I see the policies they two put into effect greatly influencing some kind of mass social unrest and disobedience towards the government. Too many people feel alienated and disenfranchised because of those two men's decisions).

It happened back in the 1960's, and not just here, but abroad as well. And if anything is certain of the human race, we're a dominating species with the rich always looking from on high down low at those of lower 'stations' in life, aka the poor (or basically the rest of us). Another thing that is quite certain of the human race is that eventually the beaten down finally always stand up to take arms and take a stand, as they did in the 1960's. I only hope that in the undeniable upcoming events of this nature that are sure to come that we don't repeat history and find ourselves with an all new Jim Jones or an all new Charles Manson.

I agree that peaceful demonstrations and petitioning don't always cut it, but you shouldn't throw a blanket statement out there that they do nothing because history has also proven that those methods do work to one extent or another. So since I do agree that they don't always work, I too then also agree that more radical measures just may be more effective on the whole. It honestly appalls me to think of us going all gung-ho and taking to arms as violence is not something I can say that I easily agree with, with regard to my own personal morality. I don't own a gun, I never have, and it's doubtful that I ever will. Still though, with the military and law enforcement shadowing as the real government of this nation, it is (in my opinion) only a matter of time before the poor and beaten down rise to the occasion and repeat the sort of social unrest and disobedience that took place during the 1960's, though I fear that this time around it will be much more effective, much more radical, much more violent, much more targeted, and much more riddled with much more thought through intent. I only fear this because our nation's power-wielding hands have much greater sophisticating means of dealing with rebellious peoples. I foresee ugly battles to ensue in our near or near-ish future.

I'm all for the people, and though because of my own personal covenants I could never raise arms, I wish all the best of luck to those who do and wish them all the safety in the world (I truly believe they'll need it).

I can only hope that we as a people today can look back to the 1960's and see where things went wrong and not make the same mistakes this time around.

As for the question, I like most responded in kind that our nation has become a massive police state; it's really sad to me to watch as one by one our civil liberties and constitutional rights are being warped, bended, and in some cases outright taken away.

7. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'm not sure I can fully accept the premise that it isn't already too late.... considering especially what so very, very many of us need to wake up FROM. The propaganda trance is renewed each time someone turns on the TV and watches the news.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The government would have shown it's tendencies in a more overt way if a draft had been re-instituted,but "they" are not dummies. They always have a plan and the fact that they used the national guard troops of various states to fight their war, shows that "they" wanted to preclude a repeat of the 60s.

9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Amen! The time to stand is, if ever, now. And I fully support a revolution based on what has been seen and experienced.

In the past I knew there would be a time when I would say that. When I would agree with such discourse. I just did not know when. Nor did i know why, other than in the course of history it has been shown that without a constant battle to preserve what freedoms we have, eventually they will be lost.

Now there is so much nonsense floating around, resulting in laws being created that serve no real purpose but to literally terrorize the community. And the community bows down and accepts it, in the name of.... of all things.... freedom. Freedom? By what means can this be "freedom"? What value is freedom if you must lose it to protect it? You lose certain rights, previously believed to be inalienable, so you can.....what? Sleep comfortably at night? How can you possibly ever be comfortable when you voluntarily lose something in hopes of gaining something you know deep down you never will see? In this case, people giving up freedoms in the name of.... security? WHAT security? Only that which one deserves, of course. Which is, when the rights and freedoms of others are stolen, in the name of a minute unrelated few obtaining the ill-named security, truly nothing.

In my opinion, when the rights of others are stolen, so others can feel "warm and cozy", we should- no! we MUST!- find out how warm and cozy they are after we ASS RAPE THEM like they are effectively doing to us. (Yes, I feel EXACTLY that way here, and in public and I know for a fact I WILL hear of this tomorrow). I cannot see how ANYONE could feel different.

I see no true meaning of what freedom is, when it is so freely traded by others with no one contesting it. What value is security? Secure from WHAT?!?!?!

In rant, but very relevant- Recently in another thread I voiced concerns I had over physical reactions I was having from a situation.

You see, a few years back I was nearly killed. A few months ago I, as the victim, shared my opinion on how that case was handled with the man that let the perpetrator go. No threats. Not in any capacity. Freedom of speech, right? My right to seek a redress of grievances, right? Nope. I am now looking at several years in prison. For my freedom of speech. Because I expressed my opinion of the man that let the perp go. In America. Prison. For expressing my feelings using my freedom of speech. Again, I NEVER made any threats. Some people, even in America, are too special to receive the criticism they desperately need from the people they claim to represent and protect. Until you have been there and nearly died so someone else can "have fun", until you have been punished by the system for being the victim, you will not understand what I have been through.

Now, please let me explain how this ties in.

Until you are there, until your rights have been stolen, until you have been repeatedly victimized by the same fucking bastards you pay fucking taxes to, you will not take a stand. Only a fool can do that and justify it. Supporting a fight is one thing. But to actually be the first one to stand up, no. That is for the victim. I took a stand, verbally, and now looking at prison.

Now that I have been on the receiving end of the abuse, I am infuriated. I have never in my life ever felt this much hatred for anyone. If ever before, I strongly feel that yes, now IS the time to fight. And honestly, it will be a losing battle. Because there have been others that took a stand before, and they were murdered. And the media played it out as the exact opposite of what it was. And the sheeple bowed down and grazed as more rights were stolen in the name of protecting the sheeple from a threat that never existed.

So, what if DutchBlood87 and I were to take a stand right now, right this very second, and fight hard? What kind of fight would it be? Not much of one, because disagreeing with the government will get you arrested. Criticizing the inappropriate actions of the government will get you time in prison. They will take everything you own and lock you up, laughing at you while you scream YOU DIRTY GODDAMN BATARDS! READ THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION FOR FUCKING ONCE AND HONOR IT!!!!!" Because to them it's just a piece of goddamn paper. It's nothing. Even though in reality it is the very document that guarantees them a fucking paycheck. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

THAT is why we need to fight. I am not talking about standing up and screaming at them. I am not talking about writing a letter to the editor. And I'm not talking about putting some quaint and lovely fucking bumper sticker on my Volvo.

To the dismay of the cowards out there, the fight may very well have begun. But who is starting it? It's not "us" those that certainly have every right to do so if we wish.

According to MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40828227/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/) 2010 had a 37% jump in police deaths.

According to UPI (http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...ths-part-of-violent-trend/UPI-34541295970357/) 2011 is worse.

But even one of their own sources, The Officer Down Memorial Page (http://www.odmp.org/) the numbers do not agree!

I have been gathering this info (from reliable sources within the LEO community), and ODMP is one of the more accurate sites. From what I have gathered in the past hour, look for yourself-

The average yearly LODD since 2000 is 167
    And the average January LODD since 2000 is 15.7.
    2010, having the "huge" 37% jump actually was 4 deaths short of average.
    Yeah, 9/11 had an impact, but not counting that (242 LODD for 2001) 2007 had 199 LODD.

What I am trying to get across is the immanent threat law enforcement is. It is not imaginary. Ok, so a few nutjob "sovereigns" went postal. That happens. Funny how NOW "LEOs" are paying "close attention" to them, yet they have been around since....as long as I can remember. Literally. And if now they are paying close attention to them I have to ask exactly what the hell were they doing before? Helping their cadets learn how to masturbate on duty and not get caught?

I know where I stand because I have been kicked around and pissed upon by those I once had a lot of respect for (pigs, in general). Do any of you know where you stand? What will it take until you take a stand? Or will you be like a former close friend of mine that used to be a hippy, used to claim about standing for what's right, claiming to love America for the freedoms and values it was built upon, only to find out that if anything he'd suck the chief of police's slimy infected dick if it meant he didn't
    get a fucking ticket for smoking a joint?

In closing I want to quote a famous and very insightful man that I respect dearly. Noam Chomsky:

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

"The whole educational and professional training system is a very elaborate filter, which just weeds out people who are too independent, and who think for themselves, and who don't know how to be submissive, and so on -- because they're dysfunctional to the institutions."

"Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it."

"We shouldn't be looking for heroes, we should be looking for good ideas."

"Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so."

"In this possibly terminal phase of human existence, democracy and freedom are more than just ideals to be valued - they may be essential to survival."

"Over the last 25 years, the major popular movements that have had significant impact on the general society and have changed it, that have had a major civilizing effect – the feminist movement, the environmental movement, and so on – these are mostly developments of the ‘70s and ‘80s. Their roots might be in the activism of the ‘60s, but the movements themselves developed and extended later. The same is true of the changes in respect for other cultures, rights of oppressed people, and so on. These are quite significant changes. If you compare the United States now to what it was, say, 35 years ago, the changes are quite dramatic. These are changes in popular consciousness that are quite deeply embedded."

10. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

tin soldiers and Nixon coming.

11. crumsNcookies

crumsNcookies Member

Sniff, sniff, I smell a fed

12. Logan 5

Syd? A fed? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Dude, even the feds have some kind of standards! LOL!

13. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Riiiiiiiiight...

Not sure I can always completely agree with MadCap but I am confident that your nose needs recalibration in this case. The point is that there are those who would have an issue with what our definition of what a police state is and I have very little doubt that this is the case.

14. crumsNcookies

crumsNcookies Member

All you guys are fed's. Hell I bet the original poster that started this thread is one.

15. Logan 5

Then don't do anything illegal around him. In fact, don't do anything illegal around me. I'm no fed, but then I don't care either.

I despise the police state. I hate the bastards. But then I'm not going to be new to a fucking group and start calling members that have been here a few years and that have earned SOME respect "feds" like a particular newbie that has only 21 points. I at least respect Syd enough that I wouldn't pull that crap.

Calling folks feds is kinda like farts- those that smelt it dealt it.

16. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

Do you mean the hundreds of millions of Communists who saved our yellow arses from Nazi Germany? :confused:

17. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

sniff sniff, i smell a crack pipe...

18. drupper666

drupper666 Guest

Capitalism and democracy are not synonymous..... i think thats the biggest problem this country has...

19. IveBeenThere2

IveBeenThere2 Member

ii think the US is like heaven compared to what is going on over in Egypt, Yemen, all over there....

ALSO, i believe any1 that says the United States is a police state probably have some personal vendetta against the law b/c they did something illegal. dont abuse your freedom

20. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

Obviously because the overwhelming majority of Americans are Christians. Check for yourself, it's not the manifestly moral atheists and agnostics who are filling the jails, its the stinking Christians. Yet another example of just how EVIL Christians are.