Amazing Uses For Forever Stamps...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Jimbee68, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Interesting thing about US forever stamps. I thought I understood them. But I guess I didn't.

I thought they had a fixed function, not price (if that makes any sense). Then a couple years ago, I asked a local church to mail me their liturgical calendar. They sent it in a manila envelope, with a couple of forever stamps, four or five, I seem to remember. So you send stuff weighing under a pound in the ordinary mail system, using forever stamps. I did not know that.

Also, interesting, a forever stamp will get your simple letter to anywhere, anywhere in the world. If it has a zip code. Puerto Rico has a zip code. The Virgin Islands do. Military mail overseas does. Did you know that there is an American university in Antarctica that has a zip code?

International mail, if it is only a simple envelope, is about $1.40 last I heard. So three forever stamps should be enough to literally take it anywhere in the world. Anything heavy or thick, or a package, it usually costs a lot more.

But does anyone even use snail mail anymore? Seriously.

Toker likes this.