Amanita Muscaria

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by spiritbeast, Oct 23, 2011.

1. spiritbeast

spiritbeast Guest

Hella people. Amanita Muscaria are prolific up here where I live. I thought I might relate my experience with them. I picked and dried several pounds of them this year, ranging in color from golden to red on top. I also studied on them heavily before experimenting with them. I began with low doses (one or two caps worth) which had little effect, other than a certain calm that settled over me. I finally decided to go ahead with a larger dose. After grinding up about six caps i made a tea, bringing two cups of water to just below boiling after which was steeped the powdered caps for about ten minutes. I strained it, poured it into a coffee mug and drank the contents on an empty stomach, over the course of about ten minutes.

About a half hour later I felt nauseated and went to the bathroom. The process was actually pretty cathartic. It seems that the Carboxolate had possibly carbonated the contents of my stomach and gave me a bloted feeling. After a very short and painless bit over the bowl, i felt quite good, though very tired, all of a sudden.

I laid down after that, closed my eyes and rested very comfortably. After a short time a distant pulsing light began to flash in the front of my head. The pulsing grew stronger and nearer over time. I fell asleep for a while.

Upon awakening, the trip was definitely in full effect. It was a very lucid experience. After leaving my bedroom I went out to the kitchen, where my wife was cooking dinner with our eleven year old son, and our two year old daughter. I was overwhelmed with an overpowering feeling of devotion for them all. I put some music on and everyone ate dinner, during which time, I wasn't hungry, so I laid on the couch, which is conversationally close to the dinner table in our house. My wife was aware that I had imbibed the tea, I had been talking about it for some months prior and had discussed all of my discoveries with her, prior to the experience.

Amanita Muscaria has been called by some "the ego destroyer." To this I can attest a truth. During the course of the evening, I felt no personal pride, resentment, nor anything else that I would call symptoms spiritual sickness. Inherently I am quite a self-centered person, not necessarily selfish, but centered on all responsibilities as a husband, father, employee and such. All of that left me for a short time, that fine evening--all of the labels I and others place on ourselves. Normally if my wife wanted a massage, I would put aside fifteen or twenty minutes for the exercise. That night after the children were in bed, I gave her a massage for well over an hour, and for the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed the giving of it, something that my wife experiences without an intoxicant.

I am looking forward to another experience. The next one, I want to try a couple more caps, and possibly do it alone in a good outdoor setting.

If anyone has had extended experience with Amanita Muscaria, and has any stories, suggestions, questions, or cautions, please post to this thread.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Amanita Muscaria are not cacti..[​IMG]

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

But what do you think, after having debunked the cacti myth?

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

If I found some, Id be eating them. The woods have been dry here, not a single shroom all year. well I found a few yellows in the spring. but nothing since. Really find myself wasting my time walking thru the woods this year. In fact I hated this summer period. It wasnt hot enough. There was no sun or rain.. And millions of others complained. For the amount of time I was outside this year all over. I shouldnt have a fading tan. I wonder why I feel like shit all the time, cause we here are basically prisoners to the weather. Now its cold outside, and the prisoner cycle continues..

5. thedope

I imagine toggle switch intoxication would be an improvement regardless of how it turned out. I hope you put away lots of nuts, keep warm.

6. thedope

I think this a great post, full of forthrightness and appreciation. I have not tried amanita because of the reports of an effect called toggle switch intoxication. What you describe is one reported effect. Another is identical in it's beginning, but when you wake from sleeping, you find yourself in the throws of intense cramping and profuse sweating. To those who have experience both versions, there is no way to predict which will occur. Perhaps you have happened on a preparation through your close observation of the subject, that ameliorates the cause of the bad reaction. Perhaps, you won the coin toss.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

no nuts,., very little cannabis, and a no good on colonizing shrooms atm due to the fact my house is polluted with mold and mildew from a summer storm that ripped my roof off, flooded my living room with downpour, ruined my carpets and furniture..

But I dont have insurance like those rich people. So it comes outa my pocket and soul.. If I found a group of AM's right now. Id eat them all without even thinking. Id enjoy a nice deep sleepy trance.... If I found a DC I just might eat a few those too. Got nothing to lose really..

8. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

theres always something that will be lost...

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nothing is lost and nothing is gained. Now we can sit here and lie to ourselves that psychedelic drugs give us some spirtiual awakening. Its not really true at all.. Real life experiences give one spiritual awakenings.

Your town is being flooded right now. High waters are moving in. You can either take drugs and not be able to assist in sandbag operations, you can run to the hills. Or you can be completely sober while filling sand bags among many other living human beings, in order to save the town. What do you think is going to be a real life experience ??

10. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

i agree with you on that orison. i was referring to your mention of eating the DC's..
    you were referring to death caps or did i interpret you wrong?

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

No you did no interpreting wrong.. DC is exactly what I was referring too.. :)
    Im pretty sure, DC toxin wouldnt make me feel very much different than I do right now..

12. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

well you and i both know once your on that bottom rung there is no left way but up.

13. thedope

You know, I've been making a lot of mistakes lately. I've kind of thrown myself into the elements and feel at time hurried. These are normal everyday things that I seem to remember being much more proficient at. I'm tired orison319. I am tired of the demands of sensation. Perhaps I need a nap, but it will have to wait until after I replace the moldy floor in my camper.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont even own a ladder anymore.. :(

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im surprised there is no mushrooms growing out my carpet in the living room. It was new a few months ago. it now looks like it was on the floor for 10yrs. monsoon rains. :(

16. thedope

I actually had a fruiting of coprinus lagopus on the floor next to the door just last week. I lived here once before, I had all kinds of equipment here including ladders. That was all carted away, while I was away.

17. spiritbeast

spiritbeast Guest

Sorry I posted this thread in the wrong spot. You are certainly right. A mushroom is not a cacti. Thank you all very for your kindness and tolerance of a noob to these forums, and for turning a mistakenly cataloged post into a decent and friendly conversation.

I have seen plenty DC's and DA's up here this year. Probably good you're not here Orison. I'm sorry to hear of your plight with your roof. We have had record rainfall here this year, which amounts to about 17 feet of it. My cement septic tank floated up out of my yard and displaced itself by three feet. Things are still functioning, but it is also still raining dogs and cats. I have always found that putting one foot in front of the other is the only way I can eventually get to a better space.

Dark nights of the soul are important for all of us. We very much choose what we take out of every experience we encounter in our lives, and choose always, if we are searchers, to find grace in the face of turmoil.

I myself concentrate primarily on having a spiritual experience while in a sober state, and find it mostly through helping others in my community and the fellowship created through such relationships. however, I have found that that using altered states, very occasionally, sometimes helps me put together in my mind and soul pieces of that experience in ways I could have not otherwise achieved. Being able to subdue my ego for even a short while, I believe, helps me to see that a perception is just that, a perception.

Looking back at the train-wreck of my youth with loving wisdom I have gained in my life through the grace the spirit of this universe has given me, I feel there is nothing I cannot face, today. Again, even that is a perception of mine that may be subject to emotional weak points in my life.

I've never tried Cacti. Tell me a little about that.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sorry we took your thread off track..

we had a saturation rain here a few weeks ago. Didnt do anything to the woods. just made my stupid house worse.. normally there would be alot of mushrooms around me. Very active ones too.

most people dont find AM to enjoyable. I for one love them and think they are great for pain management. Something I desperately need atm.

19. spiritbeast

spiritbeast Guest

I would give you some if I could. where the hell is stonehaven? i was looking at your profile. i'm a fellow gwv of the storm/shield vintage.