Amanita confusion

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by ekoostikhookah, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ekoostikhookah

ekoostikhookah Member

I recently bought a oz of dried amanita muscaria so last night 2 of my friends and I tried then out.
    7 pm started boiling water for some chamomile and ginger tea, after boiling the water and seeping the tea the tea was dropped to 150 degrees F and 2.5 grams of mushrooms were added.
    7:45 pm We started drinking the tea as well as eating 4 grams of the mushrooms by 8:15 we were finished eating. We then started smoking large amounts of pot to easy any nausea.
    9:30pm I started feeling a little off baseline, like being abnormaly stoned, but my other 2 friends arent feeling anything. It was decided to make another 5 gram batch of tea.
    10 pm The tea was comsumed
    11:00pm Everyone was feeling very body heavy and very sedative and a huge appetite. We walked across the street to the gas station to buy food. On the walk almost felt like walking after a few beers and alittle weed.
    11.30 After eating we decided to lay down and watch a movie, very sleepy and very tired but still no effects other than the body heaviness.
    1 am Still no effects other than the sleepiness, we decided to call it quits.
    I returned home smoked 2 bowls and watched about half of a movie and fell asleep woke up at noon the following day with no aparent effects.

I am confused about why the trip just stopped after the first stage and didnt continue. It didnt seem right. I still have about 10 grams left and am still inerested in experimenting further with them anything I did wrong or could add to make for a better experiance?

2. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

do not eat anything for an entire day and when the evening comes, consume it! and easy with the cronich! it maybe dissrupts the process. the best way to take shrooms is on an empty stomach.

3. ekoostikhookah

ekoostikhookah Member

ya, we didnt eat for about 6 hours prior to eating them.

4. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

I read that a beginners dose is 5grams of dried amanitas each, up to 15grams for experienced users. I think it is ok to smoke though.

5. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

When I did amantia, I did 20grams... felt like an opiate... nothing special though.

Can't wait to get some more real mushrooms.............

6. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

People have extremely varied responses to amanitas. This is most often based on where the mushrooms are from. The potency can vary batch to batch, especially if they're picked from the wild (then there's no way to tell). With amanitas you basically just need to take several trips with it if you really want to get a feel for the dosage, going up each time in small increments.