Am I the only one...?

Discussion in 'People' started by aleigh24024, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I don't hate mainstream media, but I sure don't see any need to get too involved with it myself. Don't get me wrong I still watch shows I like such as, Duck Dynasty, Elementary, Perception, etc but I don't really have a major fix on it like most cats today seem to.

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I dont believe thats true..look at the 60s and 70's...all the groups/idles did drugs...not every one copied them..

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

And the mainstream ended up shooting down normal ideals of any broad common concern of academic subjects. That's fine we can save the water, birds, and the woodland deer from their self-destruction by the way the law works with jurisprundens now. And that means ignoring the Law more than anything radicalized in the cultural demand.:mickey:

4. cherrypiefly

cherrypiefly Guest

Yeah music on the radio and some tv shows really suck

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have better things to do than waste my energy hating something that barely affects me.

6. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

Of course they have offa buttons but that doesn't stop you disliking something. There's alot of crap about, I see it and then turn over or better still, off.

7. samikhedira

samikhedira Guest

I don't like any TV shows but i like to watch movie or something else.It's very anoying to see Tv shows when they showed many adds.

8. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

erm, it depends. Most of it I really don't like.

But I do like things like Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, Peep Show, An Idiot Abroad, South Park... they're all pretty mainstream aren't they?

I think it's just good to pick and choose.

There is a lot of rubbish on though, granted!

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

stay away from it! brainwashing nasty stuff. distracts from real life.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sunlover1954

Sunlover1954 Members

I am not a fan of mainstream media. It seems that most of the news people have attended and graduated from the University of Stupid Questions. Where did common sense go? Not a fan of reality TV, its that kind of reality I like to avoid.

11. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

All throughout human history, there are many examples of government using entertainment to keep its citizens content. Take for instance professional sports, they are here for the same reasons gladiators were.
    I know it seems like your the only on to think this, but its just easier for the majority to buy into all this fake crap. Just remember, if ignorance is bliss, then knowledge must be the antithesis of bliss.

12. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Members

I always dislike reality shows, I mean there is not any sence of such type of stupidities. on the other hand, I dont know why people like them so much. The rating of such type of shows are always high and high :(

13. Bud D

Bud D Member

I don't hate much of what I see on T.V., although news, especially FOX news comes very close to hate. They assume we are all ignorant people that have the same social responsibilities. Yet the media fail their own social responsibilities. The only thing the media is truly responsible too are their ratings and FCC regulations.

Reality shows aren't even worth watching. Seems watching the news, I prefer international news or PBS news. Sometimes watch the evening news, but it's the same program every night. They way over do the drama factor, even if there isn't much news for the day. It's BOOM BOOM BOOM, WELCOME TO THE EVENING NEWS YOU BRAINWASHED PARANOID FREAKS!!!!!! Maybe not that bad but they really do dramatize the shit out of things that will probably never affect most anyone.

14. slaveofthesystem

slaveofthesystem Members

Mainstream media. You mean "reality t.v. " that is all fake? News that is all negative?
    We had 3 channels when I first saw tv and 95 percent of the shows on were geared towards family and moral values. Now hundreds of networks and nothing positive.

15. Sunlover1954

Sunlover1954 Members

I refer to "reality T.V. as "crap TV" The stations have initials which display their values: ABC= All But Crap; NBC = Nothing But Crap
    and CBS = Crap Bull Sharing. I no longer have faith in networks these days.

16. badphotoguy

badphotoguy Supporter HipForums Supporter

There are a few mainstream TV shows I like.

Comedies: Modern Family, Last Man Standing
    Dramas: Walking Dead, Downton Abbey
    Reality Shows: Shark Tank, Myth Busters

Not a Kardashian fan, and I am ashamed of myself for perving over Nicki Ninaj's fake silicone body.

[​IMG]

17. CharlotteBanks

CharlotteBanks Banned

I absolutely agree, I detest mainstream media and reality TV. Cheap tricks to gain more views a great example would be big brother utter rubbish.

There are some good documentaries on though where you learn something.

18. slaveofthesystem

slaveofthesystem Members

The negative WAY outweighs the positive

19. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

There's only a few shows I like and I'll watch the whole series in one shot if I can manage it. The Walking Dead, SOA, OITNB, Wilfred and Firefly were great shows.

I hate almost all pop culture after the 90's. Rap music totally sucks now, reality television is disgusting.

Broadcast sports is ridiculous to me. Football, Nascar, all of it is useless.

News is a joke. If I want to know about something I have to read or watch it in ten different places before making up my mind how I feel about it.

It was predicted we would become what we are.

Here's an interesting article:http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/08/28/viewers-vs-doers-the-rise-of-spectatoritis/

20. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Tigger.....is the only one.