Am I the only one that thought "The Hangover" was way overrated?

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by shoeless joe, Apr 25, 2012.

1. shoeless joe

shoeless joe Member

I mean yeah it had some funny parts but after all the hype and hearing people talk about how hilarious it was I was really disappointed. That's just my opinion anyway...

2. Indn_hippie

Indn_hippie Member

I didn't like it or the 2nd one... Overhyped comedy that tries too hard or maybe bc I don't really find that grown men getting drunk to blackout have this thing happen in real life... lol ... Dude where's my car? Is better movie

3. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

I laughed a bit the first time I saw it, but I agree.. it was way over-hyped.
    Did not deserve a sequel, especially seeing as it was the exact same story just different location.. anything will pass as entertainment these days.

1 person likes this.
  4. Indn_hippie

Indn_hippie Member

Sad but true
    Last good movie I saw in a theatre type setting was Hugo and that was $3 showing in Portland.... Most the stuff out these days is complete garbage.

5. Rosehippy

Rosehippy Banned

i thought it lost it half way through the first. i would not recommend it at all. i almost turned it off.

6. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

i agree, overrated

7. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I didn't like either of them
    But I kind of wish they'd come out with a just-as-hilarious step brothers 2 because step brothers was fucking awesome

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Sure overrated, It wasn't bad though. If you didn't listen to anyone else and wanted to enjoy a movie :)

9. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

saw it sober alone and hated it. saw it drunk with friends and it was passable (but thats no real mark of quality) overrated and the sequel was such a cynical reworking of the exact same script (now with added racism!) that it really pissed me off.

10. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

wow, so i'm not the only person in the world who didn't like the movie? saying it was overrated is being nice, lol. didn't watch the sequel. doubt i ever will. don't see a point to it!

1 person likes this.
  11. shoeless joe

shoeless joe Member

My sentiments exactly.

12. lugubrious

lugubrious Member

Agreed. Except that I didn't bother to watch the second one. Only saw the first one because I worked at a movie theater and was able to go for free.

13. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

The second movie EXACTLY the same as the first movie just a different location

14. Indn_hippie

Indn_hippie Member

lol yeah it's so stupid. I was forced to watch it bc two of my other friends wanted to and I had to sit through that shit. Had to smoke a lot of his bud bc I was so upset lol :]

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We seem to be in a dry spell lately of funny movie comedians

16. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Buttfuckingly overrated in every aspect. At best, there's some cheap laughs in parts. Nowhere near the "be all, end all" movie that it's been made out to be. I wouldn't even bother with the sequel since I can't stand Zach Galifianakis and all his bullshit movies.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

havent seen either, sure i never will..

18. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

It was so overrated, gotta say the first one in theaters was OK.

Didn't bother to see the second one after i heard kanye in the trailer... I just knew it was a complete fiasco.

Then i heard my friends saying oh my gawd it was so funny, i had to contain myself from breaking their little discontent hearts.

19. icecube

icecube Member

this film is definitely overrated. lol

20. Kid at Heart

Kid at Heart Guest

I actually just watched it today (I had recorded it about a month ago when it was on TV) and agree that is was overrated. It had a few funny parts in it, but I didn't really find myself all that into it.