Am I just being stupid?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by paix, May 12, 2004.

1. paix

paix Senior Member

Ok, so here's the deal; I've been planning since about october to go to rainbow nationals this summer, and then just travel around till august after that. My parents have known the whole time, and have not been anywhere near thrilled, but my father has been incredibly supportive. My mother is a different story, and that's sort of where my problem lies. I'm going to community college right now and working part time. I hate my job, it really feels like it's killing me little by little, but the whole time I've been there, I've been planning on quiting in June, so when it gets real bad, I just remind myself of that and it gets easier. So now that my dad's taken my to find a backpack and whatever else I may need to travel this summer, my mom has gooten very negative, and telling me that jobs are very hard to come by right now and that if I end up not traveling all summer, I'll be stuck back here jobless. I understand her concerns, and they're very valid, but right now, I feel like I need to be on my own for a bit, exploring while I'm still young, and taking a break from living here and working in a job I hate. Well, my mother now has all of her friends lecturing me too, and it's getting really hard to figure out what my heart is saying, with all these other people putting thier opinions in. I know they're trying to keep me from getting hurt, or make mistakes, but isn't that how you learn? Maybe I just needed to vent, but I could really use some adivce from anyone, especially someone with some insight.

thanks in advance guys :0)

Molly

2. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hi paix

read your venting post right now. I think all the others cannot keep you from doing what you feel is truly yours to do but they indeed help you to find it. And you as well will not keep them from doing what is theirs, and be it just having worries.

Happy travelling!

3. HersheDog_BananaCat

HersheDog_BananaCat Member

Hi Molly.

I am going through the same! Same situation. Want to go to the gathering and be off all summer and my mom just thinks I am nuts and doesn’t even try to understand a bit. After the Ocala gathering I didn’t go back to work it just felt wrong I went once and it just totally depressed me more than it already did. I then decided that I am not going to live my life working for a big corp company like that. Ever since I have had garage sales sold almost everything I own. Just to go out this summer. NO SUPPORT. I also got offered a midwife apprentice position in Mexico 40 mins from San Diego and she ignored me. She loves me a lot I am her only girl but I really wish she would be more of a friend. =( Last year she almost died she’s been smoking for 40 years and had lung frailer In the past year I have gone through so much with her. I need a brake I wish she would understand > I try to explain to her talk to her but when she just changes the sub and tells me to go clean something..ugh its so bad!.. =( Ah sorry I guess I had to vent too

4. paix

paix Senior Member

you guys are so right, I really needed to hear that, and starfly, you're right about the fact that I would really resent her if I stayed, I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the mom's opinion :)

Zenia, that sucks about your mom, I'm so sorry :( It's so hard when they clam up when you try to talk to them about what's going on, my mom is doing the same thing too now. I guess in the end you just have to follow your heart and not let anyone else tell you what you should do. I think maybe our parents look back on thier lives and see that they took a path to get to where they are, but could have done it all much quicker and ended up in the same place, so they want us to take the shorter route, not realized that our paths are different and so are the places we're going to end up. Plus, it hurts them to see us hurt or sad when we make mistakes. We'll talk later about it though, stay strong sister :)