Am I a feminist?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TreePhiend, May 8, 2004.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I am male, but I believe in equal rights for the sexes. Do I fit the definition of a feminist then?

2. Maverick83

Maverick83 Guest

No, you have to be a man hating dyke that want's nothing but the utter destuction of the human male(the modern femenist).
    You're normal.

3. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

are you saying that feminists aren't normal?

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Maverick is saying that feminists are men hating dykes. Pretty rude generalization if you ask me. And incorrect, as well.

5. pufferfish

pufferfish Member

where all the same there should be no haters,feminist,or any title for that matter at all...you know what I mean...All BAD things start from a title, meaning well this gay dont like me so I hate gays get it....It should be well this guy dont like me so I wont talk to him or I will go away....hope I didnt confuse anyone....

6. Indriel

Indriel Member

You're just a guy who believes we all should be treated equally & with respect. No need for labels, hey. That's when we start trying to put people in little boxes & define them accordingly. No need for it.

7. Maverick83

Maverick83 Guest

I said it was modern femenism, not femenism in general. Such as NOW.

8. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

OK. I like to think i have some degree of authority on this matter (simply because i wrote an essay on it for my first year gender studies class).
    The actual "technical" term for a male that believes in equal rights for both genders is "pro-feminist". Many women - namely those who have suffered trauma at the hands of males - feel that men don't have a right to be held in the same category as "feminists" - which is supposedly a term developed to unite women over a common goal. Either way, i think it's a pretty good thing to be a pro-feminist and more power to you!

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

So, if he's pro-feminist, does that mean we can let him open the door or buy us dinner without having to be ashamed of ourselves? :)

10. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I was just curious because a poet came to our school and she was like "Who here is a feminist!?" and I didn't know if I could raise my hand, because the dictionary definition of a feminist is simply anyone who believes in equality between the sexes.

11. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

I don't know what makes low lifes like "Haha" here think they have the right to oppress us myn. They are so backwards, so stuck in their victim-power manipulation frenzy that you might expect from a cavewoman, that they can't understand that an equal relationship works best for all involved!

Treating us like your slaves, eh? Or is it that you are just a whiny lil' child and not the "independant woman" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG SO FUNNY) that you pretend to be, expecting males to be your parents.

A psychologist's insight, when women are calling US immature, it's them who know these whiny "buy me my dinner and open my door" type women are expecting us to "father" them. It's called projection, females know they are bad, so they criticise us as having the flaws that they have, but that we don't have.

Or is it you expect us to be your slaves? That's more like it, considering the utter lack of respect females give to innocent loving males.

12. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

Think about this logically:

Femin

ist

Mascul

ist

Why would you choose one over the other for "equality"? What's wrong with a word that's not an Orwellian double speak, like "equallist"? In Orwell's book 1984, the NWO had redefined words to mean their opposites. Peace was war, the ministry of truth only spoke lies. There's one of two things going on here:

1) You are being conned, and need to develop some logical skills.
    2) You enjoy selling your own gender out, at your own detriment, because you believe enslaving yourself to women will get you more ass.

Do you think "white power" is a good kind of racial equality?? So why break the rule when it comes to feminism?

Take a course in logic, willya?

13. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

ROTFLMAO
    Owwie my stomach hurts now.

So even though I've never been attracted to women and actually like men for several complicated reason and would miss them terribly should they vanish. Knowing that I am a feminist renders the above total crap.

Thank you for enlightening me :rolleyes:

You'll be pleased to know I'm now out of sarcastic bitch mode and willing to answer the original question.

I suppose equalist would be a better word for it (as in men and women should be equals) but yeah men can be feminists, it would be sexist not to let them be, and we wouldn't want that. :)

TTFN

Sage

14. kayatree

kayatree Member

Maverick:

I don't even know what to say - except that you're naive, young and probably pretty confused. Listen more.

BoyTheo:

I remember seeing your website and I think most (probably just about all) of your thoughts or feelings pertaining to women are corrupt and volatile. I'm not sure about your past, but it must have something to do with how you feel now.

You make outlandish statements generalizing every female into one category that appeases your dislike of certain stereotypical characteristics of women - which of course couldn't be more ridiculous or misguided.

If a man respects the women’s' rights movement or any aspect of it and chooses to support in any way (i.e. TreePhiend) - more power to him. It doesn't make him a feminist; it doesn't mean he's devaluing the responsibilities or the existence of his own gender.

Generalizing will get you no where fast. No two people are the same, let alone a culture, gender, species, whatever... and the fact of the matter is, women are oppressed. They've been so for centuries and probably will continue to be for some time... It doesn't matter if we're enslaving a group or paying them a nickel less for the same job - what's unequal is unequal.

kayatree

15. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

You are an evil liar. I've many times showed you proof that females are not being paid less. Not on this new forum, but in the past.

Females are having discrimination FOR them. What is affirmative action? How comes almost all the unemployed and homeless are male? How comes we have special programs for women in areas where males are doing worse off?? Males have been oppressed historically, and this is only part of it.

Small hint, repeating a lie over and over does not make it come true. That's all your are doing by saying "oh we poor evil women are not being paid what we should".

My god you are stupid. Females actually spend most of the money in the US. If they were paid less, then how do they manage this feat? Do females have the ability to pull money out of their vagina???

Lol, don't answer that one. hahahaha.

16. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

" Do females have the ability to pull money out of their vagina???

Lol, don't answer that one. hahahaha."

Oh, I'll answer it for you. No. At one of our annual super secret international meetings of the Sneaky Women's Society, where we were plotting your doom (not all men, just you) and smoking your weed that we snuck in and stole while you were on the phone (No, you're not paranoid. All of your conspiracy theories are REAL. Just try and prove it.) we discussed the possibility of having ATMs installed in our vaginas, just to make us more convenient and desirable, but the idea was voted down because some women felt that if we were able to pull money out of our vaginas a lot of men would be too distracted to think about anything except for vaginas. As you know this is already a problem for many people. SO, we scratched the idea, but only after considering how it would affect YOU.

The secret's out.

17. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

That's an unfair reply.

18. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

boooo hoooo

19. Indriel

Indriel Member

Mmm - maybe you are a feminist, or pro-feminist as written in another post. I just liked your attitude of believing in equal rights for all, man or woman, cos it did suggest respect for all people & judging them for who they are not what they are. So, yeah, feminist, pro-feminist -rock on..!

20. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Dear God!! Imagine the paper cuts!?!?! :eek:

An ATM machine would be handy tho.... gives a whole new light to the terms "deposit" and "withdrawal".