Always tired, and wondering why

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by beachbum7, May 9, 2004.

1. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

i understood totally wat u said atthe beginning, im alwayz tired, i just feel like i need 2 rest all the time.

2. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Ugh...I used to feel tired *all* the time...finally I complained so much, my mom took me to the doctor. :p And the dr. was like...hmm sounds like you have allergies. And then she said anything that affects the eyes (i.e. itching, watering) will make you sleepy. Makes me a lil cranky, too sometimes, but she didn't go there. :p But anyway...I got some meds, and I've been feeling a lot better...not tired now, usually. :D

Also, I've cut down on the sugar and cafiene...you might want to give that a try. :D

3. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, recently, I've gotten a can of soda from the vending machine, thinking that it gives me an energy boost. But normally, it doesn't. I'm not a coffee drinker (I've never really liked it), so I can't use it as an energy boost.

Now that I think of it, I'm really not sure if I feel more tired or sleepy. I think I do a pretty job of getting sleep. But my body often wakes up before I want to wake up, and I hate it when that happens.

4. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

you can also have symptoms like that with depression

5. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I drink Dr Pepper for an energy boost. That must have a lot of caffiene in it.

I find sugar makes me more alert, not the other way around.

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I love Dr. Pepper :) But it's not easy for me to find it here in Japan.

7. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

Take some B-complex. Most of the B-vitamins are related to the energy-producing chemical reactions in the body.

8. Zimbo

Zimbo Member

hey Bum, you know, I'm in japan, and I've found myself being unusually tired off and on since coming here a few months back. near tokyo, to be exact. I was not really this kind of tired in the States. how long have you been here?
    I've discussed it with some folks and know at least one chap who is convinced that it's being near tokyo, at least in some part. One guy I spoke with said since he lost his job he sleeps till noon no matter how hard he tries to get up early and thought the pollution here might have something to do with it - toxins abundanct in both water and air here. also, there's the abundance of electromagnetic fields/power stations to consider. just look around. there are many who believe this causes fatigue among other ailments/symptoms. An American lady who's been here for about 20 years told me too that adjusting to the climate/pressure commonly causes people to be tired as well.
    certainly, diet plays a role too. I dunno how much longer I'm gonna be here anyway.