Alternative Names For Male Dominant Partner

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Jinny, Jan 14, 2011.

1. dom_soul

dom_soul Guest

Well said pink_lioness, that's bang-on in my book. I wanted to post here after reading all the replies but you've already put into words what I was thinking.

I'm always wary of prescriptive descriptions of a 'real' Dom or sub. I meet D/s couples at munches and events and this trait doesn't reflect the lifestyle in general.

For me as a Dom I would be very concerned for a sub in that situation though and would find it almost impossible to develop the D/s dynamic without resolving the more important issue of abuse.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Fuuuuk. The Twues have arrived.

Ok, every relationship is different. What I do is different from what Rev does, is different from what my ex does, is different than what you do.

Because it is a relationship.

Some people are kinky in the bedroom, some are when they can, and some live it all the time. Or think they want to.

Some use really annoying splashy speak, going on about T/their needs and talking to U/us, etc.
    Some know treat their exchange as a private matter.
    Plenty of subs have the right to speak up. Some slaves do, too. It gets negotiated, and doesn't apply to anyone else.

3. Ivory62

Ivory62 Senior Member

Director?

Demander?

your Decadence?

Defiler?

dunno.....

4. Guest

Guest Visitor

wow people on here are kinda rude and unrespecting of this girls feelings. as someone who's personally been molested, i can relate to what this girl is feeling and completely understand. when the incident happened, i was with an ex who had a rape fantasy and i agreed to it despite my feelings. and it hurt me more because of what i was going through. theres no such thing as a "true sub" because every relationship is different. maybe enforcer, ruler, highness, king

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. drumminmama

Wow. Got your BDSM education from 50 Shades, did you?

A power exchange is negotiated, anything from a little topping and bottoming in a public scene to 24/7 TPE?
    The vast majority of D/s falls in between.
    I'm another one who doesn't like the implied dynamic with "daddy."
    I'm not a little, I don't do age play.

As for options for titles, why is he putting it all on her, as she seems new, and not providing anything other than "what every other woman" called him?
    I'd be voting for The Wizard.
    ;)

7. drumminmama

Necrothread fail on my part.
    Poor kitties.

1 person likes this.
  8. There's no real good alternative to "daddy". Everything else seems too forced. The only thing even close I can think of is "seniore".

9. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Dude, I'm an adult survivor too. I felt really weird psychologically after the first time I successfully had anal sex thinking shit like I was turning into my abuser. God bless her soul the girl it happened with told me not to be such a fucking pussy since she enjoyed it too. For me it has been very healing to do it. I've generally been the dominant type in most sexual situations and have found that it has opened lines of communication if done right. Your issues are exactly that.

C/S,
    Rev J

10. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Bill.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Automatic Teller Machine Machine

12. drumminmama

Oh, VG you missed that one.
    Some s-types are called cash cows/pay pigs and expected to support/enhance income of the D type.
    No gender or orientation discriminated against.