Altering the sense of time

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Tman58, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

I though I would share a fascinating experience that I once had. Years ago, I was part of a simple guided visualization experiment with a group of about 15 people. We sat crossed-legged on the floor in a circle and joined hands with the person at our sides. There was one person outside the circle who directed us. He held a desk clock and showed us the time. To start the experiment, he had us close our eyes and take a couple of deep breaths. After a minute or so to get us relaxed, he instructed us to visualize a stream of arrows moving from our left hand, up the arm, across the shoulder and down the right arm, and to maintain that image.

Within 3 or 4 minutes, I felt myself leave my body and float over the middle of the circle. After what seemed about 10 seconds in this state, I slowly regained 'consciousness', opened my eyes and looked around at the others. Some were awake and some still holding hands. There were a few people laying on the floor asleep. After a minute or so when everyone was awake, the director asked each of us what we experienced. Most felt a sense of floating but everyone's sense of time was different. Here's where it got really interesting.. he showed us the clock - 30 minutes had past! To me, the experience was only several seconds.I still can't explain this altered perception of time but I'm still quite fascinated by it.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Thanks for your interesting story . Imagine if the arrows flew around the circle and through
    everyone - round and round - and that's been an idea I contemplate now and then . The
    vision ends when I rise to speak to the circle , not knowing what I say , but trusting in love .

3. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Thanks for that! You mentioned love. May I say, the power of love!

Imagine the effect of 50 people in a circle. I just think there's so much unexplored potential with the 'intangible' realm.

Alonso376 likes this.
  4. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Possibility you were all drugged or spiked, lol.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I imagine a circle could teleport when getting to a safe place be the necessity . Miracles can
    happen for peaceful and respectful people .

This suggests altering the sense of Space . As for Time ? The travelling seems all of one moment .

6. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

You touched the hem of the spirit world where there is no time.

7. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Hi. I have had other interesting experiences but that one was the most fascinating. I plan to try that again

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while entropy is an objective physical thing, the experiencing of time is inherently subjective regardless of ritual.
    that's not a criticism of ritual, only that the subjectivity of the experiencing of time is kind of universally known to be subjective regardless.

the ritual sharing of the experiencing of the nonphysical is fine.
    often when i sleep, the passing of whole days, weeks or even months can occur in my dreaming,
    and either way, the usual passing of only a few hours in our waking world will have occurred.

entering a state of meditation, free from judgemental internal dialog, from which to enter sleep,
    lets us cross over into what i consider to be a very different universe,
    one that is free of what people tell each other to pretend about it in this one.

Tags: