Alone time

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jun 1, 2004.

1. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I know what you mean....

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i think sometimes the circumstances of life lead us to being alone. and often i think it's very painful but pointless and even self-defeating to fight it. now, i can't really say that i believe that it's fate or karma or the position of the stars or some subconscious psychological need oozing its way to the surface of my emotions' murky waters - in fact what i believe most about faith is that belief is irrelevant. but be it through the spread of the cards or some subconscious design i have seen that at least it appears that things happen for a reason.

i'm alone right now, emotionally if not physically. my marriage is unsalvageable, and i just got rejected by someone i really cared about and thought i had a lot in common with. being alone isn't comfortable right now, but it is where i am. the ironic thing is that probably the biggest reason i want so badly to have someone to hold and hold me and cry to is simply because i don't have a someone now. i think i need to move away from the rawness of hurt and get comfortable with my aloneness for that feeling to go away.

i could realy use some alone time right now. unfortunately as a busy mother, i'm lucky to get a few minutes in the morning to take a shower, let alone real alone time. i'd like to just have someone drop me off at brushwood, and camp for a week or so, but unfortunately my daughter's still nursing and not looking at weaning any time soon, so i'm unable of taking the time to get comfortable with my aloneness. it's the not being able to be alone with my aloneness that is making the transition so difficult, making the difference between aloneness and loneliness. right now, i feel not just alone, but lonely. :(

3. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

your a pretty strong person kitty
    I've basically spent all my time since I dropped out of college as a loner
    At least gods here with us, jizzing all over the message boards *grin

4. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

As painful as it is this is only a temporary transition.
    Wish you and your daughter could join us at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in TN.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am a loner, I prefer to be alone. People take me away from the world inside my head, which often seems to be far more interesting than the external world.

6. kitty fabulous

i wish i could join you guys, too! no money, no transportation.:(

7. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'd give you a ticket and a place to stay. I opted for a motel package 11 miles from the site.

And I'd help with food. All you would have to do is get yourself here and back.

8. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

its different for me alot of times im very happy wen im by myself with good music or sometimes im only happy wen i got some ppl to talk to it all depends i guess

9. kitty fabulous

really??? when is it? PM me, please, if you're serious. i've got to get the rugrats ready for bed but i'll be back later.

btw, did you get that clover?

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

well, lizzie, you'll be okay. life is like this....as i know you know. it's not easy.

but you know....this too shall pass.

i hope you get to go to bonnaroo w/ marc. i'm sure you guys would have fun.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

To be honest, I love being around people... My friends and I are very close, we're always at each other's homes having dinner. Although, a hard thing to adjust to is that my husband is one to really keep to himself, he's rather quiet. So, we make it a point that at least one night a week it's 'date night'... just the two of us.

But then, of course, there are days where I need to be completely alone... I go for a walk to clean out my head, fill up my day with yoga and meditation... just be completely quiet for a whole 24 hours, to rest my brain, you know what I mean? It's quite cleansing...

12. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

I'm probably the happiest when I'm surrounded by my friends and family, especially the little ones. Although I do require at least 2 to 3 hours of alone time every day. I need to sit in silence and just let my mind wander without any distractions, without this I get a little bitchy. :p