Almost Famous

Discussion in 'Cult Movies' started by Natz, May 19, 2004.

1. Natz

Natz Member

That is such an excellent film. Stillwater are real good in it (even tho they r played by actors)!!!

2. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I love it too! The first time I watched it I didn't for some reason or another, bad day maybe...But then I watched it again and again, etc...and I just adore it more and more everytime I see it...

3. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I love that movie.

I dig the "Golden God" scene.

4. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

another amazing movie ..its my second favorite next to Dazed and Confused.. Greatness with a pack of great songs to make it a great movie ..in which everybody felt for William and every girl wanted to be Penny Lane ..sigh, makes me want to watch the movie again..

5. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

I had the same experience! But now I love it so much, and I get all pathetically weepy just thinking about it. Truly a great movie. Everyone is great in it.
    Lindi

6. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

This is one of my favorite films of all time. So bad ass, so incredible, and such good music. Easily on my top ten.

Ever seen "Dazed and Confused"? Now that's another truly incredible film.

7. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

haha yeah they are my top two favorite movie ..haha good times.. you put those two and empire records and you got the greatest movies ..just my opinion though ..have a nice day!

8. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i just saw this movie for the first time not too long ago. i fell in LOVE with it! It made me cry like a baby.....i dont even know why! lol....and you're right Almost Famous + Dazed and Confused + Empire Records....no other movies should exist!
    This movie totally inspired me to want to become a music journalist for the Rolling Stone! Maybe not now a days, cuz todays music blows, but back then....woulda been wicked! :)

9. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

I loved the Tiny Dancer scene. It looked like a fun day on the set.

10. brothersun

brothersun Member

I watched like 15 times. And if it were on again i'll watch it again. I loved it its one of my favourite movies of all time. The whole feel of the movie made me feel good. Don't know how to explain it. You just got to love all the characters. It felt so real. My friends think i'm nuts for watching it so many times.

11. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Well, it inspired me as well to be a journalist, but not for the Rolling Stone.

When Zeppelin came out they bashed them, so I wouldn't work for a company that would bash Zeppelin lol; no offense to you of course.

But I agree.

Favorite Scene in "Almost Famous"? Almost everything, but if I had to pick one I'd say the scene where they start singing "Cover of the Rolling Stone" when they find out they're going to be on the cover. That had such spontonaety and flowed so smoothly. God this movie rocks rocks rocks!

12. SharyBobbins

So are you going to be "honest and unmerciful" as a journalist?

13. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Sure; I'll be "the enemy". ;)

This film is just so incredible. I fell in love with this film when I first saw it, and Kate Hudson as well. She's so incredible. I am a golden god!

14. SharyBobbins

You are so not. lol. I think it is the journalazzi's (journalist/papparazzi) way to be the enemy. That is how the world is.

15. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Almost Famous = bloody good movie :D

I loved all the songs, the golden god bit, the Tiny dancer scene. And when they've all been confessing (in the plane). The looks on their faces afterwards are just brilliant.

TTFN

Sage

16. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

What are you talking about? I'm dangerous! Quoting the movie of course, lol. I agree; it's sort of a given that you have to be considered such. Corny, ain't I?

I agree Sage-Phoenix. The scene with the confessions on the plane was so funny! When the guy admits he's gay?! Priceless. Who knew Jimmy Fallon was remotely talented, lol.

17. SharyBobbins

What about Lady Goodman? I liked Penny Lane better, it was more mysterious.

18. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

The film student in me is tearing up!
    ;)
    Hey Terminal Madness, the problem with Rolling Stone is not that they criticized Zeppelin (though that doesn't exactly put them on my Christmas card list) the problem is they've become a music oriented version of People Weekly. One day I watched Almost Famous (for the eighteenth zillion time) and then I went to a drugstore and was looking at the magazines. I saw Rolling Stone and there was a Britney Spears Special Edition (!)
    Baby, what have they done to you?
    Dr. Hook must be so ashamed.
    Good thing Creem still rocks!
    http://creemmagazine.com/
    Lindi

19. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

Great soundtrack!! And a true story. You guys all have great taste in films!

20. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

They've sold out, pure and simple. Like everyone they've gone with the fads and that sucks. There's not a place for young classic music lovers like us anymore.

These days either you're older and you like old music, or you're young and like modern music. There's not a lot of stuff geared to the young people who love classic rock or classic music.

Rolling Stone has tarnished what made them good IMO.