Allergies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Midget, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Anyone have any natural remedies for allergies? The runny nose, the itchy/water eyes, the congestion...I wanna control it, but without the side effects of Benadryl and such...can someone point me in the right direction?

2. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

Hey ~ I use quersetin,,,it is a citrus fruite extract. Look it up on www.drweil.com ~~ also stinging nettles works for congestion,,but not to be used long term. I hve been taking quersetin for years now,,, it takes 6 weeks to start working ,,you HAVE to take it daily to get it running in your system,,, it is great - I love it ,,,,, check it out!

Dude111 likes this.
  3. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Thank you...would I just get this stuff at any health food store?

4. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

yES ,,hIGH qUALITY store,,, not like a grocerry store,,,here in AZ we have HI Health & GNC. I get the quercitin with grape seed extract(helps absorb) and it has added vitamin C.
    Get a bottle of "nettles" as well. These work when you are stuffy. I take 3-4 and drink a ton of water and after 45 min or so ,,your sinus will start to break up.
    It is NOT as dramatic as the sudafed or dayquil drys you out but I hate the chemicals in those medication,,makes me jittery!
    Good luck !

Dude111 likes this.
  5. Midget

Midget Senior Member

The meds make me sleepy...I haven't found any that make me jittery. What does the ton of water do?

6. Midget

Midget Senior Member

OK, so lots of times I get these sinus headaches, pain pressure, etc...I've been doing pretty good lately, but I'm just starting to feel a little pain/pressure now. :( Any sugestions on natural ways to deal with these?

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thank you...... His site looks good for stuff like itching,etc!!

But I think sadly my itching/rash is due to my auto immune disease more than an allergy,I could be wrong though.....

8. Ok I was the allergy queen prior to 1995, sudafed, drixoral, allergy docs and his injections and NEVER getting better.

Then Grape Seed Extract came into my life in 1995 and no more of the above CWAP in 25 yrs...

If a little flare up hits I hit the Echineaca....

9. Get on Grape Seed Extract and you could be shocked to a new person....I was 25 yrs ago...

10. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I will be taking a look at this one.
    It sounds like something that the medical profession has not taken seriously as yet.
    I do sometimes question your dosage, but I am a strong believer in looking to nature.

12. lion1978

lion1978 The King

it's worth pointing out that there has been studies on the effects of grape seed extract, however the results are conflicting and there is therefore no true evidence supporting either claims, hopefully someone will at some point do a peer review on those clinical trials and then hopefully we would have evidence.

There are however side effets to taking grape seed extract that should be considered by anyone before using it you can read more about the data here.
    Grape Seed Extract
    Grape Seed Extract - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center
    Evaluation of the clinical efficacy and safety of grapeseed extract in the treatment of fall seasonal allergic rhinitis: a pilot study - PubMed
    Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract attenuates allergic inflammation in murine models of asthma - PubMed

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. City of Hope, Mayo and other cancer researchers are using Grape Seed Extract in 4 cancer models last report I read: breast, colon, skin and PROSTATE..... I've been working with grape seed extract for 25 yrs my friends....I will find the link and maybe I've already posted in the cancer area here.......

Found it, the link on the 4 cancers:

Anticancer and Cancer Chemopreventive Potential of Grape Seed Extract and Other Grape-Based Products

14. This OPC came to our country from France where it was being used for probably 60 yrs or so...I have NO side effects and taking it 25 yrs.....

A friend with horrible allergies has tried and wants to take it, BUT her colitis issues keep her from taking it....

If one is taking a pharma blood thinner then can't take both, this OPC Grape Seed Extract cleans and thins the blood...... 2 friends would also love to take it but they now deal with afib and are taking pharma blood thinners, so cannot take grape seed extract.....

This is my story and I'll stick with it. I've had my share of side effects from pharma drug and so has my daughter, don't get me started there....

15. MilaFer

MilaFer Members

Beyond medications, in my case, I have improved a lot by controlling allergy agents in my home environment. I keep a check on pollen and dust, I vacuum regularly. In short, I try to make sure there are as few allergens as possible in the environment. it is important to have a powerful vacuum cleaner . Otherwise, the impurities will return to the environment and the allergy problem will follow.