All things Christmas

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Nov 6, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Post your wish list, pictures of your tree... tell us funny and crap stories..
    Music.. dont forget the music! And jokes..

My favourite Christmas film

My favourite Christmas song

I love a Turkey Christmas dinner.. so come on, as Slade says... its christtttttmassssss!
    Ps I'm going away for a couple of weeks in December, just to buck up my energy..

Oh I forgot, eggnog I love eggnog.. best recipe...

Ultimate eggnog recipe
    1. 3 cups (700ml) whole milk.
    2. 1 cup (240ml) heavy or double cream.
    3. 3 cinnamon sticks.
    4. 1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed.
    5. 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish.
    6. 5 eggs, separated.
    7. 2/3 (130g) cup granulated sugar.
    8. 3/4 cup (175ml) Bacardi Dark Rum, or bourbon. Or whiskey.. or all of them :D well, it is Christmas..

Eric!, Irminsul and ZenKarma like this.
  2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Mostly I just want lots of nice yummy food & maybe some whisky, root beers & happiness!

NB: & maybe try egg nog for the first time since I don't remember ever having it:)

Eric! and morrow like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No offense to your thread morrow, I will definitely be participating in it Dec 1 -

But I'm really curious what is up with everyone celebrating it so early...there are usually a few people who start Nov 1 but this year it seems like everyone (except me lol) has gone Christmas crazy already.

Have all those years of stores marketing Christmas starting July 1 finally paid off?

Balbus and morrow like this.
  4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Definitely my favourite modern christmas tune....

morrow likes this.
  5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Hey girl, what are you doing New Year's Eve?

morrow likes this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

No offentaken hun.. everyone to their own.. I like to start early, its having all the kids and grandchildren, friends etc to buy for, I never buy those tacky Christmas gift sets people pass on the next year, and people know not to buy them for me lol.. then I go away on 1st December for 2 weeks to my house in Spain and have my neigbours over there that Want English stuff taking over, and I like to buy Spanish stuff too.. but July, not at all..lol

Meliai and CloudyMushroom like this.
  7. What's wrong with getting excited about something and talking about it a bit early?

morrow likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just feel like 10 years ago I wouldnt even be asked this question because most everyone would get it and feel the same and would be collectively rolling their eyes with me when stores put their Christmas merchandise out Oct 1 and that one quirky coworker puts on Christmas music Nov 1

But now everyone is that quirky coworker. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just an odd curiosity to me.
    And it does make it a little more annoying for those of us who just wanna ride our gravy train into Thanksgiving without being attacked by Christmas carols lol

Driftrue and CloudyMushroom like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyways I dont wanna scrooge up this thread too much. See y'all December 1!

morrow likes this.
  10. I understand what you're saying but nobody it going out of their way to bother you with Christmas subjects. Some people talk about Halloween in the Summer but I don't get bothered by it.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It's not that serious dude, I'm just talking. I dont think anyone is trying to bother me lol, just saying it's an odd curiosity to me.

I'm sorry I ruined your black panther party.

Eric! and CloudyMushroom like this.
  12. Huh? I'm just talking about it as well!

Relax with your people talking about Christmas a bit too early hate party!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
  13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Merry Christmas to all! I am starting to feel it now that Day of the Dead has passed...

morrow and CloudyMushroom like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Things to find in my tree. :p

Denver Broncos ball.
    Jeff Gordon figurine
    2x hanging deer.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd normally jump on the band wagon of hating on Xmas but when I really think about it, Xmas has always been good for me. Granted my father hated it and all the drama and I get that, but being part of a large family growing up, as a kid anyway, it was just so festive and colorful.

Xmas has changed for me now. I no longer live in the same country as my parents or my sisters and their new families. I spend an Xmas lunch or dinner with my aunts and uncles and cousins now. I miss my family a lot and in a way Xmas hurts because of this.

To each they own. :)

morrow and ZenKarma like this.
  17. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

@Irminsul I feel your pain. I too live in a country far from the one I was born in... and do miss my large family at times. Sometimes I don't. But that's politics mainly. Of six children, four liberals, two very conservative. Christmases were always special, Mom loved it, Dad tolerated it. One year when young my parents tied the bedroom door shut so we would stay in bed a bit longer... my brother quickly figured out an escape. Mom and Dad then had to get up at the ungodly hour of 5 am to deal with us.

Driftrue, morrow and Irminsul like this.
  18. I get to spend this Christmas alone for the first time. :c

19. Twice this Christmas
    I'll be alone
    I guess you could say
    I'm an old pro
    I think a lot of people
    Take Christmas for granted
    Imagine a winter
    That wasn't enchanted

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm pretty sure my dad just never got along with any of my mums side of the family especially the sisters because according to him "they all wanted to fuck me" :tearsofjoy:

But dad was a wild one and that's not what my mothers family were into. Though they liked my dad, I don't think they saw him as a good partner for their young daughter especially since he was 29 when he met her and she was only 17.

ZenKarma likes this.