all music

Discussion in 'Music' started by toy wars, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

I listen to what i consider to be "musician's music". Of course people that aren't musicians listen to it. I like jazz, rock, reggae, bluegrass, blues, jambands...I could name genre after genre all night long.

2. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

go for it then

3. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

I listen to both kinds of music--country AND western.

4. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

wow the only two i cant stand

5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

As a musician, it is essential that I be exposed to as many different styles of music as possible. I love all kinds of music actually, be it rock, pop, classical, blues, jazz, world music... Things like rap and hiphop, I don't listen to as much, though, I DO find myself being intrigued/inspired by some artists from those genres as well.

I used to despise certain kinds of music, but I'm past that stage now. I used to sort of like techno, then went on to hate it.... And now I actually quite like it, and have since composed a number of rock/techno/electronica fusion pieces myself. Variety is a good thing.

6. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

agreed, i try to be as opened minded as possible about music, and lately if been listening to alot of stuff i wouldnt normally. for example there was this one pop song, by rheanna or someone like that, but i actually found i liked listening to it, which kind of pissed me off because im supposed to hate that music, but eventually i just stopped caring and decided to just go to hell with all the genres exept two: stuff i enjoy and stuff i dont. simple as that in my opinion

7. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

hahahahah grose

8. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

interesting, could you name a few genres i donĀ“t know about

btw i like, reggae, ska, hardrock, heavymetal, hardcore, p funk, funkrock, progrock, indie, hiphop,folk(rock) mostly guitarmusic

9. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Country music is actually quite good once you get past country music television.

10. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i listen to alternative, "indie", jam, and rap.

that doesn't sound like a lot, but there is so much diverse music within these categories.

11. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

you wouldnt understand....