- All First Time Questions Thread -

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by RELAYER, Jan 30, 2009.

1. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Ok so I'm wondering if body weight has anything to do with it? I just posted on a racist whore's thread and got to thinking about it.

In May I went to see The Dead in Washington and I was walking around Shakedown when I remembered I had money, so I bought weed from some dude. Fastforward through the borrowing of a few peeps' pipes. I was back on Shakedown and asked if I could use this group's pipe. Sometime after that I lost my bud but was walking around with this girl who would yell out "Doses, Nuggets!" to passersby. Anyway she asked if I wanted to try some acid. Of course I accepted. She pulled out a large dropper bottle and dropped a hit onto my hand. I remember in almost pitch black night, in between cars it became silent. I remember it was blue, and it tasted like blue too. I don't know if the fatigue of being up since the day before or wandering around all day had anything to do with it but I didn't feel it. I split up with her. Wandered around and found a place in the grass to crash(forgot a tent lol). Next thing I know I'm up, going toward Shakedown. I met this cool guy who gave me beer and a t-shirt, even offered me some acid. But we decided against it seeing how I had to find a ride home. Well while with him I saw the girl again and she seemed surprised I didn't trip, and that I slept. I don't get it.

Can weight have to do with it? Should a bigger guy take a bigger dose? It's been bugging me forever. I want to trip and I'd be devastated to learn that I'm the 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 who can't trip. It was the same with mushrooms. I prpbably downed about 5.5g and it seemed the same as a time I took 1.4g...

Could somebody shed some light?

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Body weight has little if anything to do with dose as far as LSD is concerned. It has more to do with brain chemistry and amount of receptor sites.

It is very possible that you would need to take more than your friends to reach the same level. Its not uncommon.

3. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

maybe has to do with how much your brain weighs? :D

4. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

When Sandoz was distributing it they recomended 1ug per kg of body weight as an intial dose, and 2-4ugs per kg for more resiliant individuals. Read this;

[​IMG]

So yes, body weight is a factor. Don't know if there are other reasons for your situation. The no effect from shrooms is odd, unless they were weak.

5. amstrdm

amstrdm Member

So my buddy and I tripped this weekend, good times all around, :D but I was wondering is there a difference between just swallowing the blotter paper after a few seconds vs keeping it in your mouth for a like 15 minutes then swallowing it? Any ideas?

6. slimjim20600

slimjim20600 Member

Well ether way the same amount of acid will go into your body. But if you keep in under your tong for a few min some of the acid will enter your body through your spit glads so you will feel a type of euphoria almost right away and the acid will hit you somewhat faster.

7. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

I heard if you put the tabs under your eyelids you get cool visuals!

8. LeelooDallas

LeelooDallas Guest

Hello.
    I did acid for the first time on new year's eve, at first I took half of the paper with my husband and some friends, we felt nothing until 3 hours later.. it was interesting at first but then hours kept passing by and the effect didn't go away.
    Today, January 2nd, I'm still dizzy from it, I keep getting nightmares when I sleep and I don't know how long is this going to be?
    Someone can tell me, please?

thank you!

9. skydemon

skydemon Member

Alright here's a second trip question.
    My first trip was without a doubt the most significant thing I've ever done. It was the greatest day of my life. It changed my mind for the better. It has indeed opened my mind.

I'm just kinda worried that if I trip again, would I possibly second guess any of the things I learned about my self? I guess I'll find out on my own, but I think it would be really sad if next time i take it i'll be like "what was I thinking!?"

But I guess if that's going to happen, it'll happen, and I wont be able to change it. I'll just have to trip again when I'm ready and see what happens.
    But, to any of you, have you rethought or declared wrong your personal discoveries?

10. Ketafeind

Ketafeind Member

Hey, theres been some shit going around called mind fluff in my town, people are saying its like acid with less visuals, I also heard that its just another name for acid.

And, my mother passed last year, ive already had my big breakdown and was wondering if i should not drop acid because of this recent loss

11. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

12. livehappily

livehappily Member

Ok so I have an untoutched question for a first timer. I have never tried acid but recently got my hands on it. Well my question is when you trip on say a decent dose of acid, are the visuals cartoonish like big baroque characters with simple designs that catch your eye. Or is it like an orc from lord of the rings with every nasty and horrifying detail that is ought to be real. I have experienced with mushrooms and absolutely loved them, but the most visuals I have gotten were mere geometrical shapes, and breathing motions per say. Maybe also the melting affect but no true holy shits theres an elk in my backyard kind of thing with mushrooms and blossoms and flowers. I want to be able to see garden gnomes making love in my yard and crazy cartoony visuals, is this what i should expect.

13. check.

check. Senior Member

the only drug thats ever made me see things that were legitimately not there was benadryl and dxm

ive never had a frightening experience on acid, and ive never seen something and been confused as to whether it was real or not... well, thats not true... i have, but nothing like a big animal or character or something. the most experience ive had with seeing things that i wasn't sure if they were real or not was things like patterns on walls, and just being confused as to whether or not the pattern was really there or if it was just the trip. i wouldnt worry about super intense visuals... how many hits are you planning on taking?

also another strange reality confusion moment i had was when i was in this dark room and i kept thinking that we were underwater... i didnt like hold my breath or anything like that, i just felt like we were in an ocean like some kind of sea creatures that could live underwater. i would realize what i was thinking and try to snap out of it, and it would just come back... it was cool though.

14. livehappily

livehappily Member

well I guess, 2-3 hits, Im just making sure I know what im getting into, I absolutely loved mushrooms, and I am so excited to try Lucy. But im just getting the facts just so I know what to expect. I have a clear state of mind, always in a good mood, and never hesitant to the things I do. If you could compare the two in a sense what would be your pros and cons about both or is acid just that much better?

15. check.

check. Senior Member

well to me, the biggest difference between acid and shrooms for me was that shrooms felt very emotional... there were a few times where i felt uncomfortable, like the earth was going through "moods", where one minute it would be really happy and bright and then the next everything would seem very dark. it wasn't too intense though and having people to talk to helped. but because of that, ive always felt like it would be a lot easier to have a bad trip on shrooms...

acid for me is much less emotional... when i took it for the first time i was in my dorm with a friend and i had to sign him out of the dorm when we went outside because he didn't live there, and i had to talk to the security guards and stuff while i was basically peaking. i was completely relaxed the whole time though, i didnt feel paranoid at all about getting caught or anything bad happening. i was just in this very comfortable, euphoric , open minded state. i had much of the same euphoria on shrooms but i felt more like very connected with the world and life and loved everything, and on acid it was like i was placed in a totally different perspective and could see completely different sides of everything.

16. livehappily

livehappily Member

Wow, thanks so much check. Truly have inspired me to open this new gate (no sarcasm), im extremely excited for this and hope for the best.

17. MoneyNeverSleeps

MoneyNeverSleeps Member

I knew friends who did acid when I was in college, but they all moved away so I lost my chance. Recently I met a girl & we hit it off right away & she asked if I wanted to trip w/ her, chill w/ her & then go see Alice In Wonderland, haha. I've wanted to drop acid before many times, but for whatever reason my friends never offered me any, despite sharing everything else w/ me. Recently I've been at a point in my life where I have some huge decisions to make and I've been weighing them constantly & part of me hopes dropping some acid will hope open my mind & help make a choice. IF not, whatever, I'll still enjoy it I'm sure. I've done shrooms in the past & I was talking 2 the girl about how my biggest thing about not liking shrooms was the taste & getting nauseaus & she said thats not something you need to worry about on lsd. So yeah, I've been wanting to try it & so I'm looking forward to my 1st time. The only thing I'm worried about is being in public. Not b/c I'm paranoid, but I'm such a friendly & outgoing person I can see myself trying to strike up conversations w/ random people, haha.

18. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

is taking anti anxiety medicine before you trip ok? or will it affect the trip? or if i feel "a bad trip part" coming on, could i take it?

19. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

When you trip, you should be opening your mind to the psychedelic. Not dullin it. You could take it if you feel negativity and dont think the trip will go in the right direction, but sometimes, its best not to run from your problems.

20. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

This!