- All First Time Questions Thread -

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by RELAYER, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ratboy20267

ratboy20267 Members

So I just have a couple questions. I’m taking
    Acid next weekend, the tabs are 140 UG.
    1. If me and my friend drop at, say, 11:30 to 12:00 at night, will I be able to interact with parents and siblings at 2 - 3 in the day?

2. Do we NEED a trip sitter? A lot of people say you do, but a lot of others say you only need one for really high doses. We would rather be on our own, as we are extremely good friends and seek to deepen our friendship more.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

1. You'll be able to interact with parents and siblings at that time but you may be slightly scatterbrained.

2. 140 ugs is a substantial enough dose to where I'd recommend a trip sitter for your first trip. However if you are in an environment where you are unlikely to injure yourself, can be relaxed, loud and don't have to attend to any responsibilities, you'll likely be alright.

3. KKandyman

KKandyman Members

On saturday i’m supposed to be buying some really good mdma crystal and dropping two tabs my homies tripped shit off of last sunday. What types of visuals/ sensory hallucinations should i expect with the mixture?

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the dose of the hits. I don't find MDMA to be very psyedelic but some people do. I wonder if they are getting traces of MDA in their stuff which is known to be psychedelic. The body breaks MDMA down to MDA anyway so maybe just different body chemistries.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Because of the longer duration of LSD and the notable comedown of MDMA, I tend to dose the LSD a few hours prior to the MDMA when I've "candyflipped" or combined the two.

I'd say it's a different trip than either on their own but the sensory distortions and hallucinations are in the realm of each chem.

My only notable caution is that ime Short term memory is impacted to a far greater extent than either chem on their own.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  6. KKandyman

KKandyman Members

the hits are somewhere in the 100ug range and the mdma is straight off the rock, has a yellow tint to it as well. Im not worried about the effects tho i’ve jumped pretty deep down the rabbit hole.

7. hazardous

hazardous Psychedelic experience

Well hello guys. I got some questions about the Lucy.
    I tried out magic shrooms and I was impressed how they effected on me. They are truly magical.
    I ate and experienced them 4 times, 2 stronger doses and 2 lower doses.
    So what's the deal... I have deciced to try out Acid and see what messages Lucy got for me.
    So for my first time, what you do think guys, how much should I take? I am thinking about 100-140ug...
    Also decided to eat it. I've heard that the real acid will work no matter how you take it. Is that true?

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I will try my best to guide you, but when I was taking acid we didn't describe the dosage in ugs; it was blotter paper with tiny pictures on it. One tab of the blotter would equal one dose. Having taken shrooms, you will totally recognize some similar effects. The come up is really giddy and anxious, then after about an hour or so you begin to really feel some of the effects.

Different people like different things, but I would advise against a very high dose. It's not necessary. One hit should be able to get you off. I don't know how many ugs that is though.

hazardous likes this.
  9. hazardous

Thanks for the reply. Well I just hope that the blotter(the one I will take), doesn't have 200ug or more. I wouldn't like to go so intense and deep for the first time. Yea I heard the most of the one hit blotters are around 140ug... That should be fine.
    Any more advices or guides from your experience?

10. soulcompromise

If you have pot you can take it with the acid to intensify your trip. It really blew my mind when I did this. Since it's your first time you might want to save this for a different trip. Mixing substances is usually bad though. This is the exception.

11. hazardous

Yes, I smoke pot daily. Got some nasty skunk. Well I tried smoking it on shroom trip and I came to a pretty interesting conclusion. In the peak of shrooms, you don't feel absolutely nothing. If you smoke it on the comeup or peak it will shorten the trip.
    Last experience I took the pot 30-40mins after the peak and it was amazing. Intensified the experience and throwed a lot of flashbacks.

What about activites on acid? Are you some kind of lazy? Are some tasks hard to do? Cuz on shroom its very hard. You are totally out of yourself, no control.

12. soulcompromise

My guess is it depends on how much you take. You could plan your activities ahead of time and then try to stick to a schedule while you're tripping.

On X, I have found that I felt lazy until I made myself get up and do something. For example, I wouldn't feel like dancing but if I made myself start dancing anyway it'd turn out to be fun and I wouldn't want to stop. But that is a whole different drug. I think this phenomenon is common to many substances though.

Anyway, good luck. Let us know how it goes! Psychedelic Bump XXXIV

13. hazardous

Yea experienced that on X also.
    I will surely. I'm dropping it for 2 weeks. That's when I have 2 days free. Will share the experience definitely.
    Thank you!

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think it makes sense in regards to typical drugs, but LSD is not a typical drug. Treating the experience as something more than a recreational drug, given the 8+ hour duration and noting the purported rapidly developing tolerance, I'd recommend taking a 200+ugs dose the first time.

15. slipperyhippy

slipperyhippy Guest

You will know I am an old creaker when I say this. But Leary and his crew were right about a lot of stuff, especially the set and setting. Take a 300 - 500 mic dose of LSD25 in an intense setting, especially if you are highly wired and prone to anxiety in the first place - it is common to have a bad trip. There is definitely a place for using these drugs in a controlled peaceful setting, assuming you are seeking a pleasant experience and not a freakout. Seems like a lot of people are actually SEEKING bad trips, and come here to brag about them, not quite sure why.

Another reality is that if you have an atypical brain and you are schizophrenic or bipolar, the odds of having a bad trip increase a lot.

Another reality is that those that have a highly rigid psyche, who protect themselves with a hardshell facade, who are carefully controlled and never take any risks in a psychological sense - will almost always have an an extremely intense "bad" trip as they approach ego death.

This stuff is mostly just common sense.

jagerhans likes this.
  16. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

17. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

*dipped newportz