all alone with a 5 week old, a 5 month old, a 5 year old, and a 9 year old

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Tamee, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

my 5 week old is breastfed, and the 5 month old is formula fed. I've got all these kids from 5-9 every day this week because my cousin's babysitter's dad died. Have any of you ever done this? i don't know if I'll be able to handle it...I guess we'll see. the kids just got dropped off...

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

You are getting paid aren't you? Well, the 5 and 9 year olds will be pretty easy (if they are good kids) get them some craft stuff to occupy them, have them help out with lunch, kids usually love to help. Maybe some books, play school, take them into the back yard and let them run around and play. Definitely have a quiet time. The older kids can read or color while the babies sleep. The 5 month old will have fun on a blanket on the floor with some toys. Good luck. I'll post more ideas as I think of them...

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

well it was CRAZY. I mean it was ok for a little while, but the 5 and 9 year olds didn't want to help much after a few hours and they took off outside. so I was alone with the 5 week old and the 5 month old. my 5 week old nurses almost constantly so it was really hard to find ways to feed the 5 month old. I wanted to be able to spend as much personal time with each of them as I could, but with mine constantly on my lap, it was pretty hard to do. So I called my friend, Alyssa, and she came over and helped. I really couldn't have done it without her. Thank god she didn't have to work today! and I told my cousin when she got off work that I just COULDN'T babysit for her...

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

my god, i hope you're feeling ok now!
    That would have felt like you're loosing your mind!
    cudos in telling you cousin that you couldn't sit for her anymore!

5. Tamee

Tamee naked

yeah. I mean it sucks that I'm really the best person she could get to babysit, but screw that. I wonder how people with twins do it?! She got her sister, Rachel, to do it, who's never had kids and is not very good with them, and it sucks...but I just can't do it...

6. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

don't feel too bad :) you're a first time mama and just one is a handful right now.
    I wonder how in the hell moms with twins...or triplets.....do it,too! My neighbor's daughter had triplets last year and each weekend they get each of the grandparents to take one so they can have a break...she was breastfeeding, too!!! Talk about feeling like a milk factory!

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

holy cow!

8. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

*Bud-um-bum-chh!* lol :)

9. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

you say it.

(not to be disrespectful of either moms or cows)

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

hahaha

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

i grew up doing that ,, minus the breastfeeder of course,,,,, ... if its just for a week,,, by tomorrow you will have consigned yerself to just surviving it,,,, if it was long term n always that way,,,, actually adjust with a bit of time,,,,.. and you aquire the habit of smoking lots of green leafy substances....

12. Tamee

Tamee naked

with two little babies?!

13. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

oh yea,,,, i was 11 and watching a three month old preemie on a heart monitor n his two year old sister and two boys 2 and 5.... ppl wouldnt imagine it today n would be considered abuse i am sure ,,,, but yea,,,, i grew up raisin babies