Alan Watts Philosophy

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by ricerocket420, May 24, 2013.

1. ricerocket420

ricerocket420 Member

I believe everybody should listen to an Alan Watts lecture it is very mind expanding and encourages out of the box thinking. Here is a good one it's long but if you have a spare couple hours I couldn't think of a better way to spend it.
    ENJOY !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3x02dQTBjE

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I first heard of Alan Watts from some girl I met at a cafe in the West End of London.I had just bought a microphone stand for my studio (an ongoing project) and she asked me if I was a musician."Well no not really a musician as such",I replied "more of a songwriter".She was a pretty thing this girl,so I tried to tag her along with my suavity,thinking this might be the start of beautiful relationship.She then informed me she was a lesbian and abruptly left the cafe.I was left alone,slightly in love with the ineffable,unattainable glimmer of this departed angel...But I digress.Allan Watts was a fine philosopher indeed,although I wish I had the choice to climb back inside the "box" sometimes - it's safer in there...

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

Alan Watts: Because nobody met him on the road and killed him.

Get it?

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Why did the chicken cross the road?
    To get the fuck away from that chicken fucker Alan Watts!

6. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

I enjoy listening to his lectures time from time. He truly was one of the great thinkers of the last century. Now that I have more time on my hands, i'd like to dig a little more into his work.