al-Zarqawi Dead!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, Jun 8, 2006.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Al-Zarqawi was not a figurehead or a boogeyman like Emmanuel Goldstein in George Orwell's 1984. He was the main leader of Al-Qaeda and responsible for hundreds of deaths, some by his own hand. Whether you call him a terrorist or a freedom fighter depends on your perspective.

This is a huge blow to the Iraqi insurgency, but will it really make a difference? I doubt it, they now have a huge martyr to worship. In an ideology where people are dragged out of a bus and executed for being a different sect of the same religion and where you're told you're guaranteed a place in heaven for killing infidels along with yourself, Zarqawi's death is little more than a speed bump.

To say we knew where he was all along is to imply that these people in the insurgency aren't capable of deceiving us, just as saying 9/11 was perpetrated by our own government implies that these people aren't capable of pulling it off themselves.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't know what he was. All we know is what the media tells us, which isn't much, and is usually concocted bullshit. After 9/11 we were told within a matter of an hour or two that bin Laden was behind the attacks, despite the fact we were never shown any proof linking bin Laden with the attacks. Most people didn't think twice before going along with the story. The same thing applies with al-Zarqawi. I haven't seen any proof that Zarqawi was behind any of the attacks in Iraq, and all evidence points to him being a creation of US intelligence, who I believe to be the real ones behind much of the violence in Iraq. There are people who only stand to gain from this war, and it's those running the war. The goal is to occupy the country forever, and to do this you need a long, drawn out war, such as we are seeing right now. Meanwhile, there are people making millions off weapons contracts.

War is profitable to everyone except the common man.

Do I believe Zarqawi was responsible for even a fraction of the violence in Iraq? No, I don't. And I don't buy the notion that it took three years to find him when they likely knew where he was all along.

This charade is intended to get people behind the bogus "war on terror," so people will believe the threat is real and that we are actually making progress. Meanwhile, the biggest threat to you and your freedom is coming from your own goddamned criminal government!

It's all a big lie, and I am not going to swallow it.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Are these your opinions or the opinions of Brit Hume on FOX News?

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't watch FOX news, Depressed Rat, nor do I get all my news from Indymedia (zing!). I try to get a more balanced viewpoint.

Enjoy your conspiracy theories. I've argued with you in the past and don't care to again as I've found arguing with my wall to be far more productive.

5. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

When all else fails, the intellectually complacent race for the "conspiracy theory" exit strategy with nary the briefest pause to reflect on the pure conspiracy theory character of the never proven "official" propaganda explanations for every event (and the alleged "masterminds" behind them) that has gone into this debt financed "WoT" groupthink PR farce.

I am most interested to see a list of these supposedly "more balanced" information sources. I suspect they amount to nothing more than the very brand name corporate shills under scrutiny in this thread.

Independent media (aka Indymedia), dear newo, is the last bastion of any semblence of truly substantive investigatory journalism. You only discredit yourself and your claim to intellectual enquiry by so offhandedly dismissing its extensive reportage.

Sorry to break it to you, but Al Zarqawi was very much a fabricated boogeyman with no proven link to any equally unproven "Al Qaeda" terrorist organisation. Both in their turn have been part and parcel of a calculated agenda of deception crafted by rabid militant ideologues with a clearly and extensively documented intent to extend US hegemonic domination abroad and to concentrate unaccountable authority at the Federal level at all cost.

The only terrorists operative in Iraq are and have ever been the largest concentration of CIA and assorted Western intelligence operatives and psycotic Private Military Contractors anywhere on the planet. From British SAS caught red handed with the very sorts of explosives used in countless claimed "suicide bomb" attacks to the most illogically ascribed kidnappings and killings of Western aid workers/journalists, the decades long signature of CIA/Pentagon public perception manipulation has been glaringly obvious to any who bother connecting the dots.

6. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, I see that too, but they believe someone else took his place. Comon sence though tells me that everytime they take out a terrorist leader someone else will take there place.

7. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

8. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Man this whole episode stinks to high heaven.

First I saw a pic of dead Al--it looked like he had been in a fist fight.
    Then I heard they proved it was him through fingerprints & DNA.
    The I saw the video of the bombing.
    They bombs destroyed the house and several adjoining houses at least.
    And the guy they had just blown up with 2 500-lb. bombs looked like he had been in nothing more serious than a street brawl.
    How were they able to get fingerprints & DNA?
    How were they able to do a match in a matter of a few hours? DNA has to be done in a lab and it takes several days at least.
    And fingerprints and DNA only work when they have a known sample to compare them to.
    Where did they originally get Al's fingerprints & DNA to be able to make a match?

We all know bushco's propensity for deception and outright fantasy.
    I look upon what happened as a way to try to legitamize the puppet gov't and boost jr's ratings.
    He now can stand on his bully pulpit and brag we took down Al.
    It might delay the inevitable for a few days, but the end results will be the same--the U.S. giving up and turning tail.

Bushco has to be damn desperate tho to allege our #1 bogeyman is now dead (no one cares about bin anymore). Maybe they feel that they've demonized the leaders of Iran enough to make THEM the next bogeymen.

9. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

Unless you missed it, the British press has reported him dead 4 times over the last 18 months
    I hope they got him this time simply cuz I'm getting peed off by reading the gory details of each death he has had

I suspect they did kill him before today and just brought the body out when they needed to boost moral and get the troops home
    Look at the bomb blast on that house - it had enough force to explode in all
    directions for 300 yards there was absolutely nothing left of the bricks - so
    how did they get his body in-tact?

10. guy

guy Senior Member

conspiracy theories

he was captured by the army tortured for weeks on end then finally shot and dumped on the ruins of a house they had bombed mistakenly.

someone on patrol thought he recognised Mr Z and told his "superiors" they then just bombed the house and realised it was all a terrible mistake and got some guy who looked like him, shot him and dumped him on the ruins.

the americans were holding some prisoners illegally in a torture camp somewhere and saw the similarities bombed a house threw the body onto it and the real Mr Z retired from the services of the US secret services.

they received intelligence from a neighbour with a grudge, bombed the house only to find that they had made a mistake but decided to just use the dead body anyway to vindicate their war crime.

there was no bombing - they just used old war footage, got an old body sat in a freezer, propped it up somewhere, punched it in the face a few times and handed it a grenade and let the camera boys roll over the remains. i always thought that the us objected to showing the bodies of people for the purpose of propaganda?

this is all a good news publicity stunt to soften the next blow to human rights in iraq ie something like marines marching some nurses into the euphrates river and bayonetting and machine gunning them to death (the japanese used to do these kinds of things in WW2 )

11. Justwow

Justwow Banned

I cannot believe you people. This MONSTER, who stopped a bus full of children and murdered them, has been killed. The troops who killed him are heroes.

And make no mistake about it, this IS A TURNING POINT. For the war, for Bush, and most importantly of all, for the people of Iraq. Didn't you see them dancing in the street? And we killed this guy because of intelligence PROVIDED BY AN IRAQI. THIS IS PROOF WE ARE WINNING!

Wake up, and accept that the US is winning, and winning big. Much to your displeasure, I know.

12. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Im truly becoming convinced JustWow is a scripted bot programmed to regurgitate Rovian slogans ad nauseam. I pity any human who could be so unquestioningly thick.

13. Justwow

Justwow Banned

Oh please. I'll take that as confirmation my comments are irrefutable.

14. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Descent into absurdity is the last bastion of the smug and intellectually complacent mind. You do your credibility no service to simply dismiss a wealth of documentated material on the modus operandi of theatre-of-war fanrications and false press, Dirk.

Recognition of the reality behidn the sensationalistic headlines is readily avilable online and off if you truly care to inform yourself.

Or of course you can join justwow in the chorus of the intractibly ignorant and bleat his brand of idiocy to your heart's content.

15. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Fuckin sick dude :) LoL, lovin u brother!

16. spejemelujai

spejemelujai Member

Hi everyone,
    It's really heartening to hear you all. I'm from the UK and we seldom hear any voices of dissent from the US, and end up imagining that you're happy with your gov't. I guess we get a distorted view.
    How are we gonna get rid of our shitty govts? How can we influence them to stop these wars?
    peace be upon you

17. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

lol you're a joke dude. You make a point that wtf knows what media tells us is true, but then you act like you know the 'truth.' Gimme a break.

18. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Incapable of comprehending the concept of critically rational discernment, cesare? There are far more available resources for those who bother to take the time to investigate and research matters beyond the sanitised misinformation of mainstream corporate media. Perhaps your incredulity is testament to the fact that you are more than happy to believe yourself sufficiently informed (and of course in no way a victim of intentioned falsehoods) by the drivel that passes for televised and print news in the states.

I would advise you, as I have previously done others, to refamiliarise yourself with the revelations made in 1971 with the release of the Pentagon Papers and the calculated operative principle of deceit and misinformation they revealed as inherent to the very core of our governing institutions and defense/intelligence establishment.

That ethos has not changed, but merely grown increasingly intent in its practices as the nation's information channels have steadily become consolidated into fewer and fewer hands from that time to the present. It is a well known and well valued fact within government circles that the public has a preciously short memory and attention span and the standard of mainstream information has been tailored to capitalise on that fact accordingly. Those relative few who are concerned enough to take time to read through alternate reports, analyses and source documentation (all readily available on countless subjects to those so interested) are often smeared or simply ignored by the mainstream corporate media and thus prevented any truly national podium from whence to challenge the manipulated, compartmentalised status quo perception of events.

The result being that the real joke is that subscribed to by the overwhelming majority as it has been since the days when the majority believed the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth, and well before.

19. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Well, if this is such a big turning point in the war, as Justwow said, then I wonder why the news this morning said that US forces are on much higher alert in Iraq today, preparing for a retaliation for the death of Zarqawi. American (and other) forces invaded Iraq, and these folks are fighting foreign invaders. Until they're gone, they're gonna keep on fighting. That fight doesn't center around one person, such as Zarqawi, or any other single person. The American invasion has totally destabilized that country, and the death of one man, such as Zarqawi, regardless of what he might or might not have been, isn't gonna change that fact much at all.

20. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

"sale on balls"... :D