Al Franken

Discussion in 'People' started by Reverand JC, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

While I don't condone Frankens actions regarding the picture of him comically leering and groping a sleeping USO performer I do have to admire how he is dealing with the situation.

First he is owning up. He isn't making any excuses for what he did and admits what he did was wrong and inexcusable. He had admitted what he is done and that he was wrong. He isn't screaming "Fake News" or making allegations that his accuser is lying or that this is a smear campaign.

Second he has apologized. On top of admitting to being in the wrong he has apologized for what he has done. The woman in question has accepted said apology. Again no allegations or victim blaming amends are being made. In a reasonable world this would be enough.

Third he has opened an ethics investigation on himself. Rather than obstruct an investigation or intimidate people who would speak out he is being beyond cooperative.

While I disagree with what he is done I think that how he is dealing with it is exemplary. I believe that even though we should teach young men that his initial actions were wrong that his further actions are a shining example of what you should do when you have been wrong, Own up, cop to your actions, apologize and try to make amends. In other words this is how an adult is supposed to act.

C/S.
    Rev J

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The others say ALL THE WOMEN ARE LIARS. Well, we know our illustrious leader is a liar after (maybe Salon) has counted his daily lies+over 1,0600 so far. And of course --the bragging about it. It looks like Franken was in his comedian mode and didn't---at that time realize how stupid that was. He may survive this---time will tell. He should make some kind of a grand gesture towards some womens organizations----

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1,600 that was supposed be-----