Airport Security Problem Need Advice

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Memanda1022, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Memanda1022

Memanda1022 Members

My friend has been researching this shit all day and have yet to get an answer other than "just dont bring any". Tomorrow she is going on vacation and really jus need someone to tell me if this is a good idea to try and get past airport security like tjis or not. If she took tampon and kinda like pulled out some of the cotton to make it sorta like hollow in the middle and stuck like an 8 ball of ice in there and either stuck it in her like a regular tampon or put it back in the plastic seal and sealed it back shut and put it back the the box with others in her carry on bag, would they be able to detect that?

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

busted.....they know about hollow tampons

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

and is this really about your friend, or is it about you, mamanda? :D

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wonder why that is...

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why fly? unless there's an ocean in the way. sure its quicker from airport to airport, but you almost never get to see any scenery that way, and if you're not interested in seeing scenery, what's a vacation?
    i mean there are other things besides cars and planes. maybe you don't like the company on a bus, but if there's a train, you can have everything. at the very least you can bring something to eat, if there isn't some sort of food served already on the train, you can get up and move around, go to the bathroom whenever you need to. and see what you won't see from a car or a plane. from a bus or a car you see what people want you to see mostly. from a train you see what people don't think about, and to me at least, i find that inspiring. you also get to see wild life that hasn't run away, or even calmly going about living, besides all the neat fun wonderful mysterious odd things in the back yards of industries.

and there aren't any baggage inspections on a train or even a bus or car, unless you're crossing international borders. some state borders have fruit inspections, but even those don't usually bother people on buses or trains.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I have done this every time I fly. These guys are just pulling your friends leg. Tell her to do it, maybe if there was dogs at the security line she would have to worry but I never saw any when I fly.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if it's a clear day and you have a window seat, you can see all kinds of scenery.

yeah, it's different than seeing it up close, but it's still an experience worth having at least once.

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Ice, ice baby. Ice on the wings and ice in the Playtex with wings. Ingenious!

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i haven't flown a lot of times, but every time i have, there's always been a cloud deck below, except during take offs and landings. i'm sure the view would be great if there wasn't.