Aircraft IR

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by garf12, May 8, 2004.

1. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

[​IMG][​IMG]An 88mm Flak gun secures an exit roadLoading the 88mm Flak gunGreat demands were made of Flak units, which accompanied the Panzer troops on their fast advances and received alternating air-protection and ground-combat assignments. That often meant moving their positions two or three times a day, including the work of trenching. Very often in this action, motorized units of the army had to be caught and passed, so as to guarantee gap-free protection against air attacks along the advance route. Single 88mm Flak guns were also used by so-called Flak battle troups to wipe out enemy points of resistence. The strong armor of Soviet tanks like the KV-1 made it almost impossible for German tanks to destroy them during the first years of the war. The anti-tank units could scarcely hold their own against the Russian tanks with their 37mm Pak guns (known to the troops as "army door-knockers" because of their poor penetrating power). Some reports speak of 40 to 50 direct hits by 37mm and 50mm shells simply bouncing off some KVs. Only the "88" was able to deal with them, and could destroy any Soviet vehicle at ranges far beyond 2000m. Thus it quickly became legendary among the German soldiers -and no doubt among the Russians as well.

[​IMG]The 88mm Flak 18 on a 12-ton towing tractor...... and as 88mm Flak 37 on a special chassisIn order to make self-propelled versions of the '88', 10 of the 88mm Flak 18 guns were mounted on the Zugkraftwagen 12t, and they served with the 8. sPz.Jag.Abt in Poland and France. They carried no battalion markings, only the national insignia and the von Kleist corps letter on the right mudguard. In the Russian campaign the '88' proved so succesful in action against the heavy Russian T34 and "Joseph Stalin" tanks that this gun, in somewhat modified form, was mounted on the chassis of the PzKpfw III and PzKpfw IV to make it more mobile for Russian road and off-road conditions. These tank destroyers were known by the names of Hornisse (Hornet) and nashorn(Rhinoceros). Later a derivate of the German PzKpfw V was armed with this "high-velocity cannon", resulting in the Jagdpanther, as was a derivate of the Porsche PzKpfw VI, the "Elefant". [​IMG]A sudden tank attack must be fought off. Only in exceptional
    cases was the gun fired directly from its trailor. The side
    spars are folded down, but the gun has not been lowered. An 88mm Flak in combat against French tanks
    during the Allied counter-attack near Arras

2. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

I think your in the wrong forum man

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

This is a non-issue.

A while back, the Supreme Court ruled that the 4th amendment protection against un-warranted search included the use of remote search technology. They can't legally point a directional microphone at you, they can't scan your cell calls, and they can't point infared detectors at your house. These things (and others) are legally defined as searches, and require warrants.

And even if they could- a hot spot hardly proves conspiracy. Maybe you've got a tanning bed. Or are growing hydroponic roses.

In fact, in the past, when they could do it, they still couldn't get a warrant on IR "evidence". What they did was knock on your door, knowing full well that amateurs always give themselves up by letting the pigs in out of ignorant fear.

It didn't faze the rest of us. Can you say, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY YARD, PORKY!"?

4. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

wtf was all that stuff with the cannon and shiz huh now im confused???

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

hey geck, what about searching from a helicopter? Is that "a search" or can they just scan whole neighborhoods with their instruments for marijuana plants?

6. SpliffVortex

i was giving you options on how to shoot them down.

7. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

Are you serious? What would you be shooting down, police planes... With a WW2 gun. because we all have those laying around the house somewhere

8. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

And why the hell are you in the marijuana forum, You obviously have no intrest in it?

9. SpliffVortex

are you a mind reader?

10. SpliffVortex

yes that was the general message.

11. MagicSwhirlingShip

MagicSwhirlingShip Member

lol thanks for the history lesson spliff vortex

your cool in my book, we need more people like you on the forum.

12. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

You don't control the airspace above your property, so they can fly over (or probably hover, for that matter) at will.
    Anything they see visually is in plain sight.

But using electronic survilance is a no-no.

A pair of binoculars?- you could argue it ethier way.

Of course, the bad guys will sometimes cheat thier own rules anyway, and you can still lose alot even though you win the case in court.

13. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I seem to remember reading something about helecopters equipped with some sort of spectral machine, that surveys the spectral output of the plants in an area, and that marijuana has a specific "fingerprint" so to speak. Maybe they only do that over public land though, I can't remember.

14. underplay

underplay Member

Yea i think i heard that somewhere too.

lol, your technology is outdated.

[​IMG]

15. SpliffVortex

no they use the infrared camera to spot the thermal heat . you can beat it with extensive insulation and cooling but be carefull becouse if you burn to much juice the electric company turns you in "they rat out on you" .

16. if you're worried about a hotspot in tou house just put it somewhere near your kitchen or conversly put a convection oven near the heat lamps, don't use it just have it there as an excuse, an oven puts off a greater IR sig than a heatlamp, a woodstove moreso, just have it so you can show it off to nosy piggies

17. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

Spliff, your post made me seriously laugh out loud. Bought time the war on drugs gets evenly matched.

I know the whole thermal scan was ruled as too invasive, but nowadays with the Patriot Act begining to be used to crack down on drugs it wouldn't seem to far out of the realm of possibility...

I've heard about a camera or sensor or whatever that can find pot even under a canopy of trees, so that plant finger-print theory sounds about right.

18. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Although they probably can't use the IR images to obtain a search warrant, it'll tell them where to look, and then they can find another way in...

19. SpliffVortex

i want make this clear OK . the reason the use the thermal camera is people who grow the stuff in a bedroom size even a whole house . not 1 or 2 plants . the lamp used for giving the plant ultraviolet and others creates lots of heat. they also burn lots of juice combine with the A.C unit to keep temp safe for the plants. 1 little lamp used for 1 or 2 plant is not enough heat and would blend in with other heat making apliances in the house. ovens, fridge ,hot water heater etc . now 1 big room or the whole house would glow a lot stronger at night at a time when the house should be the coolest . ac on and everyone a sleep. But i well mention this again your power utility company can and have rat out on you for the power being used to the cops even if your happy to pay the bill.

20. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

TrippinBTM.

you're quite correct- they can use anything they want over public land, or with permission, over corporate land.