Air conditioning

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by deviate, Aug 10, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I realized this year that I don't hardly ever use turn on the air conditioning in the house...well, the one in cason's room yes... but the one in the living room (the only other one) never really gets turned on...

Now, in the car... that is a must.

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Shit, I keep my home ac on 76. And it runs almost non stop this time of year. The entire system is only 3 years old too, and my attic is suuuuper insulated :eek:

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I'm an a/c junkie. I even have it on in the car when the top is dropped.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I do that too, driving customer or friends cars that actually have a/c. Windows down so I can listen, a/c still on.

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Speaking of hot rods that don't have air conditioning, I was paired with this little beauty at the car show we helped host yesterday. :drool5:
    [​IMG]

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't have air conditioning in my car either. I keep meaning to get it serviced but I haven't gotten around to it. It hasn't been that horrible this summer, we've had a lot of rain so temps have been cooler than usual. Last summer was absolute hell.

I grew up in a house with no air conditioning. We finally got a couple of window units when I was 11 or 12 but holy hell summers were miserable before then. Even after the window units it still hovered around 80 because the house was too big for just a couple of window units.

I do not take air conditioning for granted. Its one of man's greatest inventions.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If you lived along the northeast coast you could probably get away without a/c but down there I don’t know how you can stand it. :eek:

I only use my a/c from June through August (hell I only need it from June through august) :2thumbsup:

Hotwater

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Six-Foah :drool5:

My old man had a '62 when I was a kid. Damn I wish he would have kept that thing.

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

It's for sale, if anyone interested

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Leave me your car for a week when you're down here, I'll fix it for the cost of parts. Just because you are so cool :love:

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You keep your blizzards and grey skies, I'll keep the heat :2thumbsup:

11. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

:sunny:I live in Florida as well and work on an orchard all through the day.Unfortunately i don't have air-conditioning at all i live in a converted vegetable cooler on the property. Sometimes i wish it was still an actual cooler. The car is my favorite place to be in because i crank it up!

12. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Can't you put a standalone a/c unit in there? Damn!

How big is it?

13. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

I'm sure i could figure something out. I have my trusty fan and a backdoor with a screen that provides a lovely breeze from the woods though.

14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Should have just kept it a vegetable cooler and swapped out the thermostats