AIDS denialism

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by political squaw, Jan 31, 2009.

1. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

2. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

That clip by Gary Null relies heavily on dated material. It cherry picks the limitations in the understanding of HIV/AIDS in the era of the early to mid 1980s while ignoring the preponderance of the research over the past 25 years that supports that fact that HIV causes AIDS.

Denialists try to plant seeds of doubt in people by insinuating that those previous shortcomings somehow prove that HIV doesn't cause AIDS. This is comparable to claiming that the earth is flat by citing the lack of expertise a thousand years ago needed to accurately determine its shape while people today are flying spacecraft around the planet and making detailed measurements of its shape.

3. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

True and people die because of this conspiracy theory.

4. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

People die no matter what...

get real.

5. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Right. And vitamins are deadly poisons. Or so the media tells us.

7. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

The media doesn't tell me that vitamins are deadly poisons.

8. Elijah

Elijah Member

you guys should read the book inventing the aids virus by peter duesberg. he's a legitimate scientists and not a conspiracy theorist. i find it really odd that even though they say there's no cure for aids. it can't surivive outside the body for very long at all. so what is it the air that kills it anyways? why can't they figure that out and work from there? according to a medical textbook i read once, white people actually have a natural resistance to hiv and aids. meanwhile black people lack this resistance usually. perhaps magic johnson has this resistancy himself? come to think of it, he has been looking awfully healthy lately. he was never quite as big in body mass when he told the entire world he has it many years ago as he is now.

regardless of what the truth is about aids and hiv, it's obvious they'll keep us in the dakr about it like they do with so many other illnesses. even if they did have a cure for it, that would destroy a lot of their profits. doctors don't make money by people being healthy after all. they make money from sick and injured people. the medical monopoly is alive and well and thanks to aids and hiv. it has another way to generate dollars.

9. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I'm sorry, but... the air kills it? Wow.

It cannot survive outside the body because a virus needs a host.

10. Elijah

Elijah Member

not just that, but viruses happen to be anearobic. or did you not learn that from science class?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anaerobic

1.(of an organism or tissue) living in the absence of air or free oxygen.2.pertaining to or caused by the absence of oxygen

if you don't believe me, take it up with a virologist. even they know viruses struggle to survive in oxygenated environments with basic pH levels.

11. Elijah

Elijah Member

there's a lot the media doesn't bother to say.

12. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

No shit. You said it as if we could somehow use their weakness to air to destroy them within the body. And for your information, viruses are neither organisms nor tissues; they are nonliving.

13. Elijah

Elijah Member

the debate is still up in the air about wether or not viruses are even alive. not all professionals in the field conclude that viruses are non living. that's been assumed becuase viruses lack their own means of reproduction.

14. Elijah

Elijah Member

what's so impossible about increasing the supply of oxygen to the blood? provided it's done within reason. hydrogen peroxide or dmso could achieve such a thing. so could ozone therapies. which by the way, they once had clinics for up in your country.

15. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I'm not going to argue semantics with you, my friend. I realize that there is some debate about whether viruses are living or nonliving, but the general consensus is that they are the latter. As far as the oxygen thing goes, I think that the inviability of viruses in oxygenated environments probably has more to do with the fact that an oxygenated environment as not a host, and a host is not an oxygenated environment; put simply, a virus cannot survive in a non-oxygenated environment for any long amount of time either, unless that environment is a host organism.

16. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

This would be more convincing if nothing had ever been cured. But lots of things have.

17. Elijah

Elijah Member

the common cold hasn't been cured, but to deny that there's an active medical monopoly that depends on sick people for it's livelyhood is very shortsighted and very irrational too. just because they have vaccines that work, doesn't mean those diseases still don't exist in some other part of the world. years ago my biology teacher flat out said there are no cures for any known diseases or maladies. only treatments. does someone who lists their location as the matrix really have any room to go from thread to thread "outing" the conspiracy theorists? hardly. the matrix films have all the elements of a conspiracy theory. even david icke and alex jones have babbled about the matrix before.

18. Elijah

Elijah Member

viruses only have one of two things, either rna or dna. but never both. why would something not alive have either of these things? rocks sure don't have dna or rna, neither do clouds.

19. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

20. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Dont forget the cancer industry, Elijah.