ahhh! first trip, scared/excited

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by PlaceboAddikt, Apr 4, 2007.

1. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

my significant other and i have procured and eighth of shrooms. I am scared to death. I mean, i'm really excited and it is something i have wanted to do for a long time, but i feel like i will be one of the few who has a really bad trip. I mean, it's sort of irrational, yes, but still, i'm worried. I have smoked marijuana for about a year and a half now. DXM is the only drug i have done that is close to (if it isn't) a hallucinogen. Are the two comparable? On DXM, i threw up and felt sick, and layed on the bed for three straight hours, opening my eyes only to watch the room spin and shake and the lights blur. I kept feeling as if my body was going to float away, and i was clutching my body tightly the entire time, until the last hour of the trip, during which i relaxed a bit. I'm afraid on shrooms, them being stronger, something worse than the sensation that my body is going to float away will happen. So... i suppose any advice would be appreciated here, as in things to help me out, tidbits of info, whatever. I'm so excited and worried, i want to be able to enjoy the trip, and hopefully learn something! ;) peace and thank you in advance.

2. flameintoabyss

flameintoabyss Member

i would highly suggest not to trip if you are truly afraid of what may happen.. the trip is all about your mind and if your mind is in fear, your trip will not be fun..
    my first trip i was somewhat nervous, i tripped with a few friends in a large garden, each of us eating an eighth.. the come up was shaky, i had thoughts of ''why did i do this?!?'' but just remember its all just the drug and it will be over soon.. after the uneasiness my trip was fucking amazing.. just be sure to have plenty of your favorite music on hand.. i listened to 'another brick in the wall pt.2' and it fucing shocked me how deep the music was..
    if you're eating just a half eigth, the trip wont be too intense.. just expect some nausea and a feeling of tiredness.. have fun! you will love it..
    state of mind is key

3. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

Shrooms aren't necessarily stronger than DXM, but they are different. DXM isn't a traditional psychedelic, it is a dissociative. You'll probably be fine, but you REALLY need to chill out about it. It seems like you've gotten yourself awfully worked up, which is the worst thing you could ever do if you want to relax and have fun. The trick is to decide if you want to do it or not, and if you do, and you really truly want to do it, you've got to just go with it baby... be prepared to take whatever it throws at you - extreme sensory overload, your body floating away, whatever. Only then can you assure a good trip. If you're with your significant other and do half of an eighth you should be fine, just bring good vibes to the table

4. UsefulIdiot

UsefulIdiot Member

If you feel that you will be emotionally ready for the trip you should do it. Splitting the 8th is probibly your best bet if you think that it might be too intense.

5. Mr. Graey Rufur King

Mr. Graey Rufur King Member

Smoke some weed first to make you happy, thus ruling out the paranoia...unless of course you have a very unlikely BAD weed trip...so don't use much more than .5

6. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

thank ya'll soooooo much!! you've all helped a lot. i've calmed myself down and now i'm very very ready. we had to delay the tripping for a couple of days, with easter and all. One more question, just out of curiousity, i noticed on The Shroomery that in the trip reports they had different levels of tripage... which one do you think a half of an eighth would get me to?

7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Member

honestly. dont worry about it. just relax. it wont be anything like you imagined it. split the eighth with someone u trust and get along with. you will have a great time. it wont be too intense i promise.

8. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

dxm is awfull. your trip wont be like that.

iv only done acid, but when comparing it to a 600mg dxm trip. the dxm was completely different. dxm is yuck, acid and shrooms are yum.

9. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i didn't mind my DXM trip
    it was completely by accident, i read the directions wrong on the bottle and took too much, but it wasn't unenjoyable, i didn't get sick or anything, i just felt like Alice in Wonderland, when she gets really big and the room is too small for her

i've done shrooms a couple of times, not recreationally though, purely for self exploration. if you don't worry about what bad could happen there's really nothing to be afraid of. and even if you do, by some chance, have a bad trip, there's twice as much to learn from a bad trip as there is from a good trip

don't worry about it and you'll be fine, just go with the flow of the carpet, cuz chances are, it will look like it's flowing lol

10. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

u wont be cluching your body, i think that has something to do you being scared of whats REALLY going on inside u. it happend to me for a little bit on my first acid trip(3hits)

just be happy, if weed makes u paranoid dont smoke while tripping out, or just wait to see how u feel

11. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

I love the way these generalizations are thrown around. Everyone is not the same. Smoking weed on a trip's come-up for me is maybe the worst thing i could do. Pot makes me paranoid for no reason and gives me the worst mindset possible to approach a trip with.