AHA! BRIBERY is the way!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, Jan 28, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

so my daughter, while still having difficulty getting to the potty in time to peepee there is now no longer afraid of the potty. the trick? i bribed her with a skittle every time she successfully uses the potty. AHAHAHAHAHA!

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

my parents bribed me with pacman

3. mynameiskc

it's funny. because now every time she wants some candy, she runs into the bathroom with her pants around her ankles, sits for a second, then comes running to me for candy. little turkey.

4. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

bribery is underated

I hate when non-parents say "you shouldn't do that! you should teach the child to do it for THE RIGHT REASON"
    Bitch please......they're kids, only 3 things matter to them: candy, toys, and love

Damn sure not "the right thing"

I bribe my children every chance I get.......if I wasn't so damn poor, my kids would be angels

5. mynameiskc

fuck, i know. what the fuck does a baby care about the "right" reason? mama jumping up and down and cheering every time she went peepee got kinda old for her. candy works.

6. mynameiskc

we're really giong at the potty training this week because i have -$35 in my account, and i'm out of diapers. that's AWESOME.

7. missfontella

that's how potty training started for my last two kids

8. mynameiskc

necessity does tend to get you moving.

9. mynameiskc

what'd you do at night, when they had to go to bed?

10. missfontella

I just think that some people don't realize how smart kids (and babies) are. They are shrewd little business people. Think of the way they negotiate.

i.e. I will stop crying AFTER you clean me up, feed me, entertain me, and walk the floor swaying me back and forth. Once I am quiet or sleep (I haven't decided yet) you nor anyone else in this place will make a sound. I hear one peep out of anybody and that's it. The deal is off. I know that you have paid all the bills here but this is MY house now

11. mynameiskc

little tyrants.

12. missfontella

I usually started when I had about 4 pull-ups left and I'd just put them on them at night

13. mynameiskc

hm. i think kai may just have to sleep on a towel.

14. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

im in the process of potty training my son he is more difficult then Raven was i think im going to have to do the candy thing as well. I kinda did that with Raven, i bought her lil treats or trinkets for when she used the potty.

im broke right now though so i'll buy candy next week and really get this potty business going!

15. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

16. mynameiskc

haha. yeah. and when they've got enough money, you can just start "borrowing" it.

17. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Manipulation works well too:

I went to the movies with a friend and her 5yr old daughter awhile back.

Noel, the little girl, had a huge bag of natural gummy bears from the farmers market and she flat out refused to leave it in the car.

Katherine, her mom, spent 10 min. trying to explain to her that you can't take candy into the theatre, but she couldn't make a dent so she decided to see if the usher would let us in with it--no luck.

The usher, a cool older lady who seemed like she'd had lots of experience dealing with kids, tryed to convince Noel to leave the bag with her, but no good.

Finally, thinking like a 5yr old, which I seem to have a talent for, I told Noel," Well, you can bring it in if you want, but you know there's lots of other kids in there and when you bring candy to the movies the rule is you have to share with everybody".

Noel made a beeline back to the car, let her mom put the bag away, and never said another word about it.

18. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Sounds like operant conditioning....Motherhood seems to be more extensive of a psychology course than any school could offer...