Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Kitaro, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Kitaro

Kitaro Member

Well, imagine I'm going to buy San Pedro seeds. How long do they take to be fully developped? Is it when they are big enough? You know, they can be big but have little or no Mescaline... so, how long?

PS: Oh, BTW, I forgot, if the cactus is already big enough... and I cut it by half... it'll grow back, right? But what if it's not big enough yet... if it's still pretty young... imagine he got broken... will it grow back?
    Thanks again.

2. ignignokt

ignignokt Member

i dunno.
    i dunno.
    stress the poor thing (darkness and dehydration).
    and to all other questions i dunno.

3. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There are many things that could effect potency, you may just not know until you try. Personally I wouldn't cut a cacti until it was a good couple of feet tall, this would takea fair few years to achive. Yes they will regrow after you cut them.

If you want something with a greater potency then Peruvian torch is a good alternative

K

4. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

The potency is quite variable. You can estimate, sure, but it's impossible to tell just by looking at it.

Cacti will take years to grow.

About dehydration and darkness and such... I dunno, I would feel less inclined to doing this. Sure it might increase the potency a little but would you like someone doing this to you? Respect the cactus and it will respect you on your journey. There's something that feels not right about torturing a cactus, let alone one with spiritual properties. Call it superstition if you want--I wouldn't--I just don't like the idea of putting a cactus through something like that for my own psychedelic needs.

5. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

As Khronus says, Peruvian Torch supposedly smokes as much if not more than Saint Peter. A friend of someone in my congregation stated that she was at the threshold of the Gates of Heaven after having seen 1o grams burned in the Sacred Chalice. She also said that she has an aversion to the upset stomach one gets when the plane drops a couple thousand feet at a time. She said the orbs coming in from Iceland are glorious. Then she stopped talking because she had a memory of 1971, when it was all shut down.