Aftermath of Ida in New Jersey.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Totally Yoda, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

The aftermath of Ida that hit my state of New Jersey. There is a photo gallery to look at. The area I live in was landlocked for a day before the rivers started to go back down. A lot of us missed a day of work because we could not leave town for the day. I will never underestimate small streams ever again.
    Passaic NJ Ida flooding kills man, Ayush, Nidhi Rana missing

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    DrRainbow likes this.
  2. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

There are a number of building explosions from the flood waters. It seems as buildings flood.the flooding puts out the pilot lights on furnaces and or gas hot water heaters. Allowing for the build up of gas inside of the building(s) .leading to explosions

Totally Yoda likes this.
  3. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

I live across the street from the river in Cranford. Even though the DPW opened the floodgates early Wednesday, the rain fell so hard and fast that every car on my street was up to its bumpers in water by 9 that night. It wasn't as bad as Irene 10 years ago but for a while there we thought it was going to be just as bad or worse. (There's a video clip making the rounds of floodwaters breaking down someone's basement wall a few blocks from here seconds after the son walks out of the picture. I'll try and dig it up and post it - scary stuff.)

Totally Yoda likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I live in Virginia for a long time, and they get hit by a hurricane about ever ten years. NJ will adapt, but its too bad you built all those new housing developments, in known flood plains.

5. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

That's what I'm assuming what happened. I slept thru the storm and explosions.

Yeah that was some crazy rain we had. I saw the video clip of it. I can't imagine what was going thru their heads when it happened. Luckily they made it out alive.

I didn't build the new housing in the flood plains. Personally I think they should level towns in the flood plains and let nature take it back. But let's keep building more houses and it'll create more problems. The weather isn't getting better anytime soon.

6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I didn't build the new housing in the flood plains. Personally I think they should level towns in the flood plains and let nature take it back. But let's keep building more houses and it'll create more problems. The weather isn't getting better anytime soon.

Yoda matey, part of the problem is that people that live in those houses will insist in concreting or tarmacking the front or back gardens to build standing hards for their cars or building greenhouses or gazebos. As a consequence the rain has no place to soak away into the soil.

7. wooleeheron

Money does all the driving, the more money there is involved, and the insurance companies are the only ones who will ever get their way on hurricanes.

Totally Yoda likes this.
  8. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I was looking at this on my news app.
    So glad you are safe Yoda. xxx

Totally Yoda likes this.
  9. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

[​IMG]

This is one of the houses that exploded during the flooding that hit New Jersey in one of the hardest hit locations in the state

Totally Yoda likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

I lived in Norfolk Va and the Tidewater area for a long time. This is the kind of flooding they get in places several times a year. For the most part, its only as deep as the wheels in this picture, and a lot of the houses look like they were built high enough to avoid serious flood damage, like they know it gets this high sometimes.

11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Exactly! Water has no where to go. I plan on leaving this crowded state in the next few years to get away from it all. I'll be happy out in the middle of nowhere with no people:)

True.

We're all lucky.

One in Summerville, Perth Amboy area, and Manville.

12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

wishing for more affordable housing in New Jersey.

Got a family in Wallington, they got hit by the floods.