After the eighth school shooting in seven weeks – some gun control proposals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

From what I've read.
    The shooter was associated with a white supremacist organization, The Republic of Florida, he passed background checks and bought the gun he used legally, there was a security guard at the school who was shot and killed, I don't know if he was armed.
    The shooter had smoke grenades, he pulled the fire alarm.

There was no way to prevent him from buying the gun(s) legally, if the security guard was armed the shooter probably would have taken him out first. In the panic of a fire alarm, with smoke grenades, I don't see how the shooter wouldn't have been able to kill multiple persons no matter what the school had done or who was armed.
    I'm only surprised the death toll wasn't higher.

There were no illegal aliens involved in the shooting.

Meliai, Asmodean and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nice try though

Edited the lol out... seems just as inappropriate as trying to focus on illegal aliens here.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Now we're getting somewhere. Diverting the focus whenever possible. Will agree to that.

I'd debate a bit as to it being the 80s. But hey I'll say we can compromise the timeframe if we can focus on what changed.

The culture of changing the focus away from a problem. Yep that has become a well crafted approach to a large segment of our current culture.

4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep. I have no regrets.

5. MeAgain

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't like some gun owners. It feels like they're lying a lot to try and represent something that truly doesn't deserve representation. The right to kill? Gimme a break.

Meliai likes this.
  7. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I used to work in school suspension at a high school. There were some really bad kids in there. I was never scared of physical violence. There will always be sick and bad kids, and I do believe in doing more to get them recognized and helped. Guns make weak people capable of mass horror, especially assault weapons. I understand people like guns, and want guns, but it's not worth the cost.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

LOL
    How come the left sheds crocodile tears only when they have corpses of students to stand on to push an agenda?

How come they aren’t raising the murder issue in a city like Chicago (with strict gun control) where incidents like this happen daily? A place where they can mount an argument.

If only we had tighter gun laws

NotMyRealName and mcme like this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

the 27 REPUBLICAN senators that voted against background checks have taken over 16 million dollars from the NRA. There's an election coming up. Let's flush these gutless Blump supporters down the shithole where they belong.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If we really want gun control we just need to encourage black people to have "militias" too. It's their right but we all know the second amendment is meant for white people. When anyone other than Bubba the country boy wants an Ar-15 it's a threat the gun owner is a "thug" because you can't say a N word and not have a meeting with HR.

Cons love to talk about black on black violence like it's the real issue leave them alone they use the guns right. Hmmm where do those guns come from? The same laws you use.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Back in the 60s, a bunch of Black Panthers showed up in the California legislature fully armed. Nobody was shot.

12. Asmodean

Pathetic. Nuff said. Go play with yourself.

McFuddy likes this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'll never understand this argument. Are you saying that because criminals don't obey gun laws, gun laws aren't the answer because they'll only affect law-abiding citizens?

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Look at this law abiding American who was oppressed because he decided to exercise his right to have a gun. Where is his NRA spokesman?

Youtube is full of white men who walk around with a riffle looking shady then they claim to be a victim when cops approach them (like they should). They do much more than this black man yet the rules are different. Those same white men will look at the video and justify the very tyranny they claim to be against. For some reason one kind of person here is trouble for having a gun one is not. Of course it's not racist right?

Would love a gun onwer to come and justify this.

soulcompromise likes this.
  15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

To Me again since it won't display it in my quote.

Yes you COULD think of things this way. Or you COULD think of things in about a hundred other ways. I base my views on my exposures both in training and in practical application.

I have no regrets to either my views or my practices. You own a gun as you stated. I don't question your thinking on why. I respect that you can legally make that choice.

16. Asmodean

Only because she's sane.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

We can't respond as no matter what the response will make it about race. It's a bait to start with the never ending attempts to make whites racist.

I'm not a cop on the streets. I don't see what they see everyday. If that cop feels one race poses a bigger threat than another, take it up with them. They are in the real world, not a social experiment.

18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Implying who isn't sane in this?

19. Asmodean

Many other american citizens who can also legally purchase guns.

20. MeAgain

But the reason I own guns is different than the one you stated.
    Most were inherited, and I've just never gotten rid of them. A few are historical or single shot target.
    One was for home defense (shotgun) as I lived in a very rural area.

Now they're all put away, haven't been fired in years.
    I've never carried a gun for protection and I'll be 67 soon.
    I'd just as soon get rid of them all, but I'm too lazy.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.