After the eighth school shooting in seven weeks – some gun control proposals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I don't take issue that its a song. I was merely hoping the liberals could explain how he could be gun toting effing Redneck Republican.

Besides whiggers is a racially motivated slur. I'm offended. I'll have to call you out on CNN as a racist bigot. :)

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Don't worry. I have my own race card. I'm black.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why? You fit the definition? ;)

4. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

This is a misconception. First of all it's not illegal. In fact Obama had a study done and it turned out the gun control neasures had little to no effect on crime in general, gun crimes, or specific incidents which the proposal was derived from. What had actually happened is that there was a ban in place to prevent bias in the research. Beforehand gun control advocates would do studies with full intention of proving their own point.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It doesn't matter to them. If you used it, you're a racist bigot. In fact if we aren't voting Democrat we are all pretty much racist bigots. :)

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Um...Biggie wasn't a redneck Republican.

But he did tote more guns than roses.

Eric! likes this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

And gats strapped with infrared beams

8. Asmodean

I think you have an unneccesary problem.

scratcho likes this.
  9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well I'd say that would seem obvious he wasn't. But if I did, I'd be called names. Its better to have them explain how a non Republican would be toting around guns and writing songs about killing people. Unless they could use that snowflake logic to convince us he was a Republican. :)

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

We expect trained psychiatrists and medical professionals to know how to do their job.

Glad you realize this

And the source to go with it

70% of people on anti-depressants aren't clinically depressed

Doctors have malpractice and liability insurance. Which means that when a doctor makes a mistake, and gets sued, their career is more likely to stay intact, and their assets protected. This goes for psychiatry as well.

I think there's plenty of non-psychotropic alternatives to treating mental health and mental illness. The problem is that psychiatrists get kickbacks and monetary bonuses from drug companies for prescribing patients certain drugs. This is fucked up. Because all it does is incentivize psychiatrists to prescribe drugs to patients who may not need them. Which is why doctors and drug companies need to be held legally responsible if the patient has a psychotic fit and murders people they wouldn't have otherwise harmed.

I've known quite a few psychiatrists in my time. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but the ones I've met were all hacks who jumped to conclusions. They'd determine if their patient had ADHD based on a 20-question survey of past behaviors.

A therapist or a psychiatrist can help their patients overcome their mental health struggles by looking into the dietary habits of the patient. Lack of nutrition and eating shitty foods can lead to depression. Look at their living environment and see how it affects the patient; there's a ton of factors there. Simple changes here and there can improve a person's mental health without drugs.

Cannabis is safer than most psychotropic drugs anyway.

11. Asmodean

Why do you think any of this shit matters? Did someone on here put it like people with an inclanation to vote for or affiliate themselves with the Democrat party won't tote guns ever?
    If you saw someone on tv or twitter argue that don't you think you're kind of ridicilous for projecting it on Democrats or liberals (guess that's what you mean with snowflakes. I associate the word snowflake primarily with insecure white racists btw. Seems better fitting) in general?

scratcho likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Dr Dre isn't a gun toting Republican either, but you know that he was strapped with gats while you were cuddled in the cabbage patch

Asmodean likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

To be clear I'm fine with gun control measures that limit access for republicans and famous rappers ;)

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Haven't you ever heard of a killer?
    I drop bombs like Hiroshima

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You're sort of right but not entirely. My take on this is that the Dickey Amendment barred resources to be used for research on gun control that are earmarked for other purposes. The LA Times had this to say:
    link to article The NRA has blocked gun violence research for 20 years. Let's end its stranglehold on science.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I guess the oversight that they currently have doesn't really cut it. There should be some kind of auditor that doesn't have his hands in the pharmaceutical industry to insure that a bunch of people that don't need meds aren't being medicated, and that those who do don't slip through the cracks. A special public health oversight committee could be the ones to do the job.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wasn't it a comedian that said: "Let them have all the guns they want. Just charge a thousand dollars a bullet---then if someone buys a bullet--- you know a motherfucker NEEDS killing." Chris Rock, I think. (paraphrase)

Asmodean likes this.
  18. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Gun control is a slippery slope. Once we let the government control guns, people will want to marry animals and whatever else they can marry. :wink:

Asmodean and MeAgain like this.
  19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

First no one around here said anything about totally disarming citizens but you.
    So what's your point?

Second, I hate to tell you but your little AK 47 army of misfits ain't going to stand up to the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard.

Third, your Webster quote is about a standing army ruling a country, not a Democratic Republic based on law and it only gives one side to the story, the anti Federalist side.
    As such a compromise was reached and the Constitution provides for a standing army:
    Militias were to supplement the standing army, not fight it.
    A constabulary which you proclaim your right to fire upon with intent to kill, by the way.

What guarantees our freedoms is not guns, but just laws and procedures based on our constitution.
    We have an army under the control of an elected civilian. In Europe, at the time, armies were under control of monarchs, not elected civilians.

Hope that clears it up for you.

So anyway, tell me when the "people" have overthrown the United States government and it's military forces using their 2nd amendment rights and small arms.

Asmodean, McFuddy and scratcho like this.
  20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.