After the eighth school shooting in seven weeks – some gun control proposals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Post 202

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The purpose of the 2nd was to allow state militias to protect the federal and state governments...as in the Whiskey Rebellion.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sure they had a reason, but what could they have legally done about it?

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Ok. Let's say I'm a psychiatrist. How do I know which patients need medicine? I imagine it's not an easy task to determine; though I agree that we medicate too many people who don't need medication. My point: Some people need their medication. Others do not. I think it's difficult to make the distinction. Further, I can just imagine the liability shifting toward the psychiatrist who fails to medicate the guy who goes bananas.

5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The greedy ass NRA (National Rifle Assoc.) and people that support them can fund it (I'm just venting). Like everything else the American taxpayer will eventually be the ones to pay this bill. While the rich will be able to find loopholes and be exempt from providing thier share.

etherea and scratcho like this.
  6. Eric!

I'm not giving up my 15 round clips. 6 rounds go pretty fast if you are trying to protect yourself from more than one armed person. I'm just saying....

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

With PC they can bring him in for questioning and likely put him into a surveillance process. Further if he was seeing a mental health professional, which I'm hearing he was, they could have taken a more intervention action like a Baker Act in the case of Florida.

His very nature of his social media post could have been an arrest for "making terrorist threats" when he says I want to be a professional school shooter.

8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

"As Noah Webster put it in a pamphlet urging ratification of the Constitution, "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe." George Mason remarked to his Virginia delegates regarding the colonies' recent experience with Britain, in which the Monarch's goal had been "to disarm the people; that [that] . . . was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." A widely reprinted article by Tench Coxe, an ally and correspondent of James Madison, described the Second Amendment's overriding goal as a check upon the national government's standing army: As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."

Hope that clears it up for you.

But to your point, the government also made it clear it made it easier to activate a well armed militia in the case of localized rebellions. Which be the way in some states is still recognized and expected if you are a concealed carry owner. They in effect deputize you by stating that holding this license requires that you intervene in the event of the witnessing of a felony against another.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Even with one assailant which will be the vast majority of civillain occurrences, they (the bad guys), and you will likely be moving erratically, you will be ramped up on adrenaline and likely miss your mark 50% of the time. So yeah, I need more than 6 rounds just for one person.

Eric! likes this.
  10. Eric!

I was going to make the same statement, you're spot on!

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

16 in the clip and one in the hole
    Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

Meliai likes this.
  12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They are called amendments for a reason. Law is not set in stone and the original idea was for the Constitution to be reexamined often. NRA people love to act as if they are the right side of history because laws can never change so why bother and how dare you suggest it.

Is that why slavery is still legal, women can not vote, and alcohol is illegal (even though it was very legal in 1776)? Since we once made a law about those things it would destroy the American way of life to it's core to even suggest changing it. Sees like in my examples we already have a few where the law is changed because society changes. One of them we even chanced it twice.

War fare and the purpose of a gun was very different back then. The whole idea is treasonous anyway. If you own a gun right now the goverment is probably very much on your side. You also probably do not find it likely your political opposition will take power. You might even believe they are gone for good in this new age where their kind of thinking is dangerous and not tolerated. Yet you still think you need a gun for whom?

I've probably covered this in another thread. But I have a friend who served in Marine Black Ops during Obama's presidency. Trust me Obama made the military prepare for pro second amendment people. It was very concerning that they seemed to be turning on fellow Americans. Lots of threats of violence to them and Washington DC. They know most Americans are not like this and not in a militia so their duty is to us not those who attack and they like it that way.

They are ready to crush you and a Ar-15 will not even come close to helping you. Leaders you think you can trust are goverment plants. They spied on the USSR you think they do not spy on you when you are so open about what you do? You make it so easy. They do not attack you because their duty is to Americans as a whole and until you fuck you are American. Freedom of speech and opinion and all that sort of thing. And of all people the military know guns and see the prospective of wanting one. But if you misuse your privilege to deer hunt it will not turn out well for you.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

With my Beretta! Puttin all the holes in your sweatah!

Eric! likes this.
  14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I'd love to say give me a single shot black powder musket loader and I can take care of those that threaten me. But this isn't 200 years ago.

Eric! likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Nigga, you ain't got to explain shit
    I've been robbing motherfuckers since the slave ships
    with the same clip and the same four-five
    Two point-blank, a motherfucker's sure to die!

16. Noserider

Yes, love your fucken attitude...

Asmodean likes this.
  17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I wonder if these are gun toting redneck effin Republicans? Since the Liberal use that label so fluently when addressing who the problem is.

18. Noserider

So go get your man bitch, he can get robbed too
    Tell him Katie took it, what the fuck he gonna do? :p

19. Asmodean

Notmyrealname: I knew you were wondering that ;) It's a song. Poetic liberty. Btw: just as many 'whiggers' seem to love it as black people :p

20. Eric!

Too funny not to post this again:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.