After Death

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by jendi17, May 20, 2004.

1. jendi17

jendi17 Member

This might sound completely idiotic and ridiculous to some people, but this is what I believe. I think that whatever you personally believe is going to happen to you after death is what will happen to you. Like if you believe in heaven and hell then you're gonna go to one of em, or if you don't believe in anything, then nothing happens to you, or reincarnation, etc. It's kinda like that George Harrison song...."If you don't know where you're going, Any road can take you there." If anybody has any comments about this please post!

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

That's kinda what my mom beleives. Like, heaven is what you make it. Sorta like that movie "What Dreams May Come"

3. KiraBear

KiraBear Member

Well somepeople say that for every death is a birth.Well,I think that the spirit already knows it is going to die so it looks for another host.Like ,for instance,the baby carried inside his/her mother is a human being but nothing more than a vessel.When you die the spirit looks for another vessel .You die when the person you are to be is born. Your spirit knows these things .Lol.. I sound foolish to me. But , I think that a person is born over and over .That the spirit never dies , goes to heaven,hell etc. I think those things exist only to scare people into doing the moral thing.Now ,having said that, we are not sure what is right or wrong unless you feel it.Anyone can feel what they are doing is wrong ..it just might not be wrong to everyone. I think this because of the fact of opinion.Everyone has an opinion which is not right to everyone.Same as ideas of what happens after we die or whatever. But to get back on the subject,I think that the spirit already knows who will host it next.When a child is born at the moment of your death , your spirit is reborn as a new person.Not nesseccarily reincarnation , just a recycling of souls. But that's just my thoughts.. WHo really knows until they die.

4. randy

randy Member

the population is growing, i suppose new spirits can form then..

hmm

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

On the old forums, someone said something kind of like this:

In hell, you sit at a huge banquet with all sorts of food on the table, with peolpe all around eating with you. You're given a set of silverware to eat with, but the handles are three times as long as a normal handle would be. Your forced to eat with these, and if you try try and use your hands, demons will slap your wrists and stop you. You end up starving for an eternity because you can never eat, because the handles are too long. Well, in heaven, your sitting at the same table, with the same silverware, but this time cherubs slap your wrist when you try to touch your food. The difference is that in heaven, instead of trying to feed yourself, you use the long silverware to feed other people at the table, and they in return feed you. You feast for an eternity.

It's really not about what heaven and hell is really like, but how we should be living our lives here on earth. Still pretty cool though.

6. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

oooh i like that...that was my storytime for the day

7. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

me and my bf were talking about this, and we both believe that we have found our soul mate in each other. anyway, he said he believes that when we both die, if we truely are each other's soul mates then we will meet again in another life, perhaps not as bf and gf, but as friends or aquantences (sorry if its spelt wrong), so yeh i guess that's going with the soul reborn into a different body. just with the fact that you can lead a second life with the person you loved in your previous life :)

i cant decide whether that's better, or whether it would just be better to go to heaven or just lie in space or whatever, and remember your life with the person you loved, instead of becoming a different person and loving the soul who used to be the person you loved but is now in a different body. or perhaps in your new life you could just know each other, but not fall in love. and that would be bad. im sorry if no one can understand me 'cause im confused by what i've written too lol.

8. Bend

Bend Member

There is no heaven...there is no hell. Both inventions of a church desperate to hold onto it's followers. There may be something but it aint no heaven and it aint no hell.

Guess I'll find out before you guys though...so if I can get a message back I will. lol

Love
    Ben
    xxx

9. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

lol you have a mom

10. livingwater

livingwater Member

That's far out-
    I agree with all of you to an extent and combined. I have thought about and do fully believe that if u have a soul-mate in this life after you transition to another state of being...they will in turn cross paths with u again. It doesn't matter what relationship u hold with them really...just the fact that they and u will be there-Together.
    Then again.Soul mates are forever soul mates-at least that is what I like to believe. Maybe your soulmate is a woman and u are a woman-maybe u are 2 men, maybe u are the male and he is the femlae and u switch sexes...maybe u are just spirits...Anything is Possible withing your Grasp of Possibility-
    And I agree that heaven is what u make it...U are the Creator- so your utopia is in your Hands...

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I beleive that the essence of a soul is nothign more than a human construct used to make the individual feel more special and meaningful in its world, when in realityt, our minds are merely chemical and electrical signals moving through the matrix of your brain, and when you die, these sjut stop, and so does your thought and everyhing about you.

that is how i belive. it is very depressing really. but its a choice between searchign for reality or searching for happiness, and i searched for reality.

12. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

Lame. why wouldnt you just grab the utensils near the base of them instead. that would work just as well. See, only idiots die in hell. The devil would love me most, because i would figure out how to actually eat.

Also, to answer the first post, this was what i believed for most of my life. I've changed my beliefs since then, but it's a nice way of thinking, definitely. :)

13. Hrt of a Hippie

Hrt of a Hippie Member

I can dig it.

14. silent breeze lotus

silent breeze lotus Member

ahhh
    .. but.. how about other animals and som of their declining numbers +species, myb they get moved along into human bodies the more we over poulate the earth with our particular specie... and how about plants n tree spirits.. all those that are bein killed myb thy get suckd into human form in som mad circle of lifeforms... hmmm .. haha.. just thought of this..

dont ya think its strange how som pepz really look like (or even 'feel') certain animals (or their behavioural characteristics) ?? ;) AAaaAnd.. possibly myb with kama..they get ferried back n forth... like ...the wolf population started to decline and now their on the rise again.. blaaa blaaa..aaaaaa.. haha .. imagination gets carried away (prehaps it is all we see) .. it makes patterns out of evrything:)

15. colloquialone

colloquialone Member

Frisbeetarian- a person who believes that when you die your soul floats up over the house lands on the roof and gets stuck there for all eternity. ( I read that one somewhere) No one gets any peace until they're dead.

16. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont think its a healthy way of thinkning because then youd spend your life thinkning up an afterlife, adn then you die, and all that time and faith was wasted because, at least for my beliefs (which govern waht i think), the mind is as limited as the body.

thats waht religions are all about. thinkning about the afterlife. if you take away the afterlife, and the desire to think your going to 'heaven' of some sort, then the whole idea of religion fails.

in the end though, as long as you dont let your beleif of afterlife get in teh way of your life (as religious poeple do), then that statement could may as well be true and followed by everyone, for the key to happiness is hope.

if your happy but you think its going to end straight away, then you wont be trully happy. its the hope that the hapiness will continue to teh next instant of brain activity that = happiness. sorry ive tried to shrink a very large concept into several lines there... ignore this paragraph.

17. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I can't help but think of the old Road Runner cartoons where the Coyote is running off a cliff on thin air and doesn't fall until he realizes that he's not on solid ground any more. It's hard to imagine whether my belief in heaven or hell--or lack of belief--have any effect on how real they are.

18. Down_In_It

Down_In_It Member

I belive in the Soul... I DON'T belive in Heaven or Hell. I guess I belive the soul leaves the body after death... dunno where it goes tho :(

19. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

20. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

Once death hits I disappear and I reappear conscious some time later elsewhere as a new body with a functioning mind.

During the stage of no consciousness the dorment soul is at then removed from the dead body and moved and given a new placement by a universal cosmic order.