African American

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Nalencer, May 8, 2007.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

wow...the rest of the world is pretty darn different from san diego;eh?

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

not really, no.

3. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

white trash uses "******." ghetto folks use nigga. Old crackers call em "colored boys" or "negroes" but they say it like NEE-grow. I don't say anything of the sort, because I'm better than that. Nothing PC about it at all, it's about respect.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

In Russia they call 'em "Negri"....
    In Israel "Shhorim" (meaning "black")
    In Honduras "Negros".

Anyhow...

All of this polit-correctness is only encouraging racism as it is. These people should not be fighting to be called "African Americans" or any other bullshit. Slavery is over, honestly.

5. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

6. mynameiskc

everyone does it. it's just human nature. what matters is how you treat other people and whether or not you attach arbitrarily and falsely negative attributes to "them."

7. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

yea I guess :)

things like this just frusterate me though... skin is skin

8. mynameiskc

i know, it's all so silly.

9. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

The alternative: "Black".

The objection is that "African American" is inaccurate, sounds stupid, and is too damn long. There's nothing wrong with just calling a black person black.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I dont know how its innacurate.

so are you saying caucasian is innacurate too??

11. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

:lol:

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

you are canadian, so how do you think you have the right of telling AMERICANS what to call each other? you dont. so shut up.

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Oh wow... that's some nice redneck elitist attitude you got there.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Saying African Americans an unnesacary mouthful. I have many black friends, and not a single one of them would be offended by calling them black.

Calling a black friend AA is like calling a friend by their first and last name. Just why? I wish I lived in a place where race only was considered while doing the census.

15. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Well, first of all, I'm not telling anyone what to call anyone. I'm just saying that "African American" is a stupid term. Second, the term is used in Canada as well as the United States. And third, I'm an American citizen. Dual citizenship. So I think I've got the right to say whatever I want.

16. antithesis

antithesis Hello

If someone wants to call themselves whatever... I really don't see what the problem is. If black people want to call themselves "African Americans" that is their choice... and I don't know why anyone else would have a problem with that.

Just out of curiousity, are you black? If you aren't, where do you get off telling them what they should be called?

17. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Not really. Everyone else is always going on about how we shouldn't tell them what to do... so they shouldn't be hypocrites and tell us what to do.

18. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

How nice that a bunch of crackers can sit around and decide what other people are to be called. Myself included.

Ain't we enlightened?

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Why, because the kid's Canadian? Honestly...

Hell, I'm not even close to being an America, but shit... I'll say what I think... Canadian people, and every other person also has the right to tell Americans whatever the fuck they want... it's part of the beauty of America, ya see?

Anyhow... my entire point in this thread is that people should not be labled by their colour in the first place. I'm sure that people would notice the colour difference less and less if black people didn't make sure to point it out so directly through wanting to be called "African Americans". Plus, I agree with the original point... "African American" is completely silly. Refering to people by their skin colour is silly... but if you must...honestly... "black" works.

20. antithesis

antithesis Hello

They can say whatever they want... but no one seems to want to give Americans the right to say what they want.

You were trashing on madcrappie because of what he said... but he had every right to say that.

People are just hypocrites.... that's all.