Africa Relief Programs

Discussion in 'Africa' started by SurfhipE, Aug 20, 2005.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

Hello friends, I'm not quite sure if there's anything called that, but I'm sure there's something along those lines..?
    I am very interested in going to Africa-or some other foriegn place to volunteer and help the poverty and the nations population.
    I am a senior this year and SHOULD start college in the fall (next fall). I'm not sure if that is what I want at the moment, but so far it's the plan..
    With these programs, what is the limited amount of time you could volunteer for, in case I did something over the summer, and went to college in the fall..
    Any help would be lovely, thanks :)

2. GreenBird

GreenBird Member

Hi, I don't know if this is a bit late for you but here are some websites that might help.

www.i-to-i.com
    they have lots of different projects from conservation work,to teaching,to relief projects

www.globalvolunteers.org

www.unitedplanet.org

http://www.gapyear.com/communityprojects/

I think the site above is primarily a UK site but there is a lot of information there about volunteering in countries,advice,how to raise money, information from past volunteers and links to sites which may help. There is also messageboards where you can ask questions etc. I've linked you to the part about community projects.