Affirmative Action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NCF145, Jun 17, 2004.

1. NCF145

NCF145 Member

Yes, women are supposed to have tits and a vagina. But the only things that they designate are the women's ability to have children. I firmly believe that women should have equal rights with men. They should be allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they are qualified. By this I mean, not having lower standards for women (or minorities when it comes to affirmative action) when they apply for a job. Examples of this are for police, firefighter, and many others that require a lot of physical strength. If a women wants the job she should be able to perform at the same level as the men.

2. danip

danip Banned

The simple fact is women will never be able to out perform men so some jobs men are simply more quallified to do.

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

ok, men are more likely to outperform women in labor intensive jobs,so i don't think a lot of women should be in those jobs. but what about office jobs? should they be equal for both men and women? i believe so.

4. NCF145

NCF145 Member

Fitzy21, I completely agree.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

affirmative action is a blight in america. Why we sponsor this racism is beyond me. Maybe 40 years ago it was needed to desegregate america...but its time has come and gone. The fact that someone can get a benefit by the color of their skin or the body parts on their party is absolutely atrocious and a mockery of the 14th amendment and any person who believes in equal rights.

My beef with women in sports are the ones who want women to compete in mens sports and still hvae their own tournaments. The crap with annika sorenstam is absolutely insane. They wont let a guy play on the female tour, but they will let a female play on the mens? Hello bigotry. Either keep 2 seperate leagues or combine them and let the best athletes win.

Also, women should be allowed to have all the same sports that men do, however, we shouldnt be diverting funds that mens program to pay for that. Why destroy a mens college football team that millions watch on tv every saturday so we can institute a female team that no one cares about? The same goes vice versa for womens.....money shouldnt be taken away from programs like the Connecticut huskies or the tennesee vols female basketball programs if a bunch of men want to make a field hockey team.

6. danip

danip Banned

Agreed. But I do think women should try to be at home as much as they can if they have kids there. I believe raising the kids is the womens number one priority.

7. fitzy21

i agree with you here. if both genders have a sport, keep them separate. and if people want to intermingle, then make a co-ed league. co-ed leagues can be fun.

i also agree that funds should not be diverted for either gender, like you said. i like the examples you gave to.

8. fitzy21

agreed to a certain extent. when the child needs the nutrients and such and a mother's nuturing, then the i believe the mother should be home with the child. but as the child grows, then i believe the mother could get out and get a job if need be. then of course, when the child is old enough to be on his/her own without a parent figure home with them all the time (this started when i entered the 6th grade, could be different from family to family), then both parents could have a job.

9. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

A lot of people can't support their families without both parents working.
    Personally, I would like to stay home with my child as much as possible. I think parents should raise their children and not daycares.

Maybe you could say "this woman can't do this because she isn't strong enough," which is fair, because its true.

It is wrong though, to say "a woman can't do this because she is a woman." (Unless your talking about writing your name in the snow or something. :cool: )

But anyway, I don't decide what is right and wrong, so this is just my opinion.

10. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I don't kow how this is a fact...sounds like an opinion to me.

I think there are a lot of roles where the genders outpreform the other.

Raising the kids should be the PARENT'S number one priority, not just the womans.

11. danip

danip Banned

Yes, it should be the parents number one priority. But generally speaking the male usually has a higher paying job than the woman. I think whoever has the higher paying job should keep the job and the other should stay home with the kids. If it is the women so be it.