Affirmative Action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NCF145, Jun 17, 2004.

1. NCF145

NCF145 Member

Does more harm than good.

2. danip

danip Banned

kind of like womens rights

3. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I'm sorry, elaborate?

That is, if you can string two coherent sentences together.

4. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I'm moderately opposed to affirmative action (even though being half-Asian I could benefit from it). I'm all for programs that make sure there is no racial discrimination in employment and elsewhere, but if it reaches the point where people are favored because they are a minority - becoming discrimination again - I'm against it.

:confused:Uh, what? Okay, that was just way out of left field.

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I think West Point is talking about women's rights to the point of femenazi.....erm, femenism. You know, men should be punished for their atrocities, women should rule the world, they are superior, rah, rah. But I can't speak for him.

On the topic yeah, Affirmative Action is a good idea, but like all good ideas, the government rapes it a few times over before putting it into practice. Affirmative Action should be based on class, income, etc., not skin color (from what I understand Afirmative Action mainly applies to blacks. I even heard in some colleges they were putting a cap on the number of Asian students). Trying to keep a proper ratio of white:black:latino:whatever people in your school/business like some do is wrong. Let people take a test, put their first name, last initial and nothing regarding sex or race, and whoever does best does best.

6. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Yeah I've heard that too... though the fields of study I'm into aren't typical Asian fields (Writing, Journalism, Art) so I'd doubt I'll run into any caps:sunglasse

And on a totally unrelated sidenote, I've just now noticed that sunglass emoticon is on the list twice with two different names (and here I come out of left field...).

7. danip

danip Banned

no need to it says it all.

No, actually that was way out of right field.

Yeah you are pretty much right stuff like the title 9 bullshit going on about equal sports on college tahts just a load of crap. and women encouraging other women to go out and get a job...thats all fine and dandy until you start sending your kids to daycare...you might as well adopt them. theres a reason women have tits and a vagina they are meant to give birth and take care of kids thats their main function.

8. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

You're a fucking jackass.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

uh, whats wrong with woman having a varsity team on the college level?

10. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Affrimative Action is reverse racism, i have no support for it at all. It was a bad idea on paper and worse idea in practice. Rewarding somone for being of a certain race is counter-productive. Now they know that they can get a lower test score than a white guy and still get into college.

11. danip

danip Banned

Thank you!

Nothing at all until women start bitching and whineing aobut men having a few more sports than women...sorry women arent meant to play football or hockey or rugby.

12. West Point

West Point Banned

I didn't even post in this topic. leave me out of it.

13. fitzy21

who the fuck are you to say women aren't meant to play those sports. i know plenty of women who are highly qualifed in hockery and rugby. if the school has a men's varsity sport but not a women's varsity team for the same sport, but the women want to play, there is nothing wrong with that. this has nothing to do with affirmative action. are you scared to play against women who are highyl skilled in those sports, are you scared they might hurt you. is that why you don't want them to play those sports?

14. danip

danip Banned

No people with tits and a vagina arent supposed to play football and no im not an issue of being scared to play against them its an issue of women needing to learn their place in society. perhaps you should get off the computer and get back to fixing dinner!

15. West Point

West Point Banned

Nothing is wrong with women playing sports at the same levels as men. However women are naturally not capable of reaching the same levels of athleticism as men. And as a result, the general population doesn't care much for womens sports.

16. danip

danip Banned

tis true...i just said that because i knew it would piss some women off but you brought up an intresting thing

Alot of schools are having to cut sports that the men play and institue just a womens team of that sport. Is this right? NO its not. College level sports is just one example of feminists causing more harm than good.

17. fitzy21

thats true, but is it right to not let women fulfill there athletic ability in a competitive way?

of course its not right to cut a mans sport and replace it with a womens sport and vice versa. men can use the title 9 to get a team if they really want to if there is a womens team of that sport. title 9 goes both ways. if theres a womens soccer team but no mens team, but men want to have a team, they can use title 9 to get the team. and if the men don't get a team, then the womens team should be shut down until both men and women have a team. its not just women who can use title 9.

18. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

It makes me sad that there are people like you in the world.

19. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Whoops, that was a mistake. Sorry 'bout that.

20. fitzy21

women need to learn their place in society? what place would that be danip?to serve you? i'll gladly fix dinner for my wife or kids if i had one, it won't be everynight, but i'll do it when i can, you know why, because i just plain out don't care about the stereotype about that. but seeing how i'm on summer break and not married, i don't think i will be fixing any dinner for anyone.