Advice on tea brew while camping

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Fractal Phi, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Fractal Phi

Fractal Phi Guest

My friend has a percolator that he bought for making the tea and I'm wondering how to go about using it.
    The tentative plan is to chop the mushrooms and submerge in lemon juice, then place the mix in the freezer the night before. As the mix thaws, we will be traveling to the campsite (45 min). After we arrive and set up camp, we want to begin the adventure. Placing the mushrooms in the percolator basket with a few cups of water, we do not want the tea to percolate too hot for about 10 min, steep, then drink.

Does this sound like an efficient method, or should we just boil the water separate and add it to a mushroom/lemon juice mix that has been marinating for only a few minutes?

2. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

That is a terrible idea

1) you do not want to mix your mushrooms with water unless you are going to drink it immediately... Otherwise youll destroy all the magic

2) you never never never ever ( not in a million years) want to freeze wet mushrooms. This will break down the cellualr structure and youll end up with a black gooey mess.... And destroy all all the magic.

3) never boil mushrooms.... It destroys the psilocybin.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

All you have to do is rip/grind the mushrooms up and put them in a bit of acidic juice. that's it. then just consume the mush/juice. Don't freeze, don't boil, don't mix with water, all these things degrade the active compounds.

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

so many people get off on tea though.

i agree that heat degrades psilocybin, but tea seems to work...
    i prefer to just eat my shrooms or maybe do the lemon tech

5. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

I grind them up to a flour like texture... Pack into capsules and take on a empty stomach. Takes about 20 minutes for the first effects so you could drop them about halfway to the campsite and be feeling it upon arrival.